ktm_2000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Environmental Variables app requrement case sensitive?

Hi All,

I've created / used some environmental variables to handle identifying machine types and useage (For example our training PCs have Workstation_Use= Training) The variable drives delivering applications specialized for the training environment. Zen7 wasn't case sensitive in reading the app requirements so it wasn't a big deal if one of our desktop techs used a zen app or manually added the variable onto a PC and it seems like our environment is not standardized other than having the variable and value.

Under ZCM11 it seems that the whole thing is case sensitive, variable and value. Is there a way to turn that off? or do I now need to reset the variables on all PCs to standardize how it is written?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Environmental Variables app requrement case sensitive?

Ktm,

I'm afraid that ZCM is case-sensitive when it comes to environment
variables, there's an enhancement request raised, ut no idea if that
will ever be implemented.

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Environmental Variables app requrement case sensitive?

Correct!

ZCM variables are definitly case-sensitive! So keep that in mind!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.