kenatureg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error 0x80070534 when using dynamic administrator.

In order to try and bypass Windows 10 1703 (because it was corrupting the Micro Focus client) I downloaded the latest Windows update assistant program (Windows10Upgrade9252.exe) that installs 1709. Running this by right clicking and then clicking "Run as administrator" works fine. When this program is run in a bundle using "dynamic administrator" it gives an 0x80070534 error when it begins the install of 1709. This error seems to mean that the account name is not mapped to a sid.
This is being tested on Zenworks 2017 SP1. I normally use "When action is complete" when running programs but in this case I used "No wait". That shouldn't make a difference right?
I can't use the system account because the program needs to interact with the desktop.
Has anyone else seen this issue? Any suggestions on a work around for this?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Error 0x80070534 when using dynamic administrator.

Without the Wait.....It is quite possible the DAU account is being cleared when the action is marked as completed.
Normal processes would likely still work fine, but most likely the update is doing some extra checking on the account that is running the process.
0 Likes
kenatureg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Craig. That sounds like a possibility. I will change the bundle and see what happens.
0 Likes
kenatureg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tried the bundle with the wait. It still failed but with a new error (0x8007003). This error seems to imply that some files are missing or corrupted. This could be because of the first failure or it could be unrelated. I will have to try some things to see if I can get the update to install.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I may give this a try..........
0 Likes
kenatureg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So I tried many ways to reset Windows Update, including one that has never failed me before, and the bundle still failed. I then tried the executable manually, outside of Zenworks, and it ran fine. I still think there is something in this executable that Zenworks somehow interferes with. Hopefully you do give it a try Craig.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would recommend try the method shown here.......
https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/deploying-windows-10-feature-updates-via-zenworks-patch-management/

The executable you are using requires internet access and will run through many different steps than just running the upgrade...............
0 Likes
kenatureg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Craig,

We don't use Patch Manager. At this point I'm not sure if this update can be done via a Zenworks bundle. Thanks for your time on this.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The link really has nothing really to do with Patch Management.
It shows how to create a bundle to perform the OS upgrade.

You want to use an Offline, not Online, Updater to update your PCs.
0 Likes
kenatureg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, I will have a closer look at the link. I won't get to it now until the new year.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.