MoffattD Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Errors installing AdminStudio 2018

For some reason, after I install AdminStudio 2018, Zenworks Addition, I get errors when I try to launch the program. I thought it might be a specific computer issue, but this happens when I try to install the program on multiple computers as well. The errors read something like "The code execution cannot proceed because mfc40u.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". I have tried this reinstall with no luck.

Is this a know issue that anyone is aware of? On a side note, I can install previous versions of the program without issue.

Thank you

Darren
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Errors installing AdminStudio 2018

moffatd;2490167 wrote:
For some reason, after I install AdminStudio 2018, Zenworks Addition, I get errors when I try to launch the program. I thought it might be a specific computer issue, but this happens when I try to install the program on multiple computers as well. The errors read something like "The code execution cannot proceed because mfc40u.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem". I have tried this reinstall with no luck.

Is this a know issue that anyone is aware of? On a side note, I can install previous versions of the program without issue.

Thank you

Darren

Look at this thread, you probably need to install/reinstall some version of vcredist: https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?226301-Missing-mfc140u-dll

Thomas
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thank you. I will give it a try.
Darren
0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I downloaded and installed Visual Studio 2015 and it fixed the issue. Thank you all very much
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.