NovAlf Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Explorer.exe crash after removing 10.3 agent from device

Hi!
I am about to move from ZCM 10.3 to 11.2, separated networks, so no upgrade etc. stuff. I thought after I put old 10.3 computer to new network is a good idea to uninstall (locally, no other choice as old 10.3 server is not accessible) 10.3 agent from network before I'll add it to 11.2 server. After I removed agent and restarted ... after login explorer.exe start to crash, just once after login. Same happen if I (before removing) just disabled ZCM agent service on desktop.
Any ideas why this crash could happen? No lines in events. Ahjaa, Windows XP SP3 computer. Novell Client still installed and I need to keep it.
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Explorer.exe crash after removing 10.3 agent from device

NovAlf,

why remove the agent? All you need to do is unregister...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Yes, You mentioned this in another thread, but ... when old agent is present and I will install the new one ... I thought could be issues!?
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NovAlf,

don't install, upgrade... register the device to the new zone then
deploy the system update, that's the easiest

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Well, I'll keep that in mind with other devices, have a few hundreds to move, but this first (old) one is done ... and now in brand new (mostly empty) ZCM 11.2 and looking good! 😃
Probably I can use this one for Windows proxy and other devices just via Deployment.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.