sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export a report (automatically)

Hi,

Running ZCM 11 and ZRS 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 (finally :D)

There are some reports within ZCM and I have customize it so it will output the desired results. From the output I can also select an export to either a EXCEL, CSC or PDF file. I have also setup the system to email me the results in EXCEL.

Is there anyway to have the system automatically export a CSV file automatically to a location on the server. Emailing to me with the link to the result is ok but requires me to manually copy the data and save it as a CSV. EXCEL is also a problem as it is not easily imported into other management program. CSV is the best because the data is in plain text and limited by comma (obviously). The process also breaks down if I'm not at work etc...

Please help...

Zenworks 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64:cool: MS SQL 2008 Windows XP & Windows 7 Clients
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Export a report (automatically)

0 Likes
sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try as I might but I cannot get the reports generated...I guess I'm just a noob when it comes to Zenworks and ZRS. I will need to learn more about the product. It's too bad the document doesn't explain all the different options, for example what BO and UNMANAGED_DISK is. Samples would also be nice...

Zenworks 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2 x64:cool: MS SQL 2008 Windows XP & Windows 7 Clients
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sokum,

I did raise a bug a while ago to ask for examples for all zman
commands, but it's not been completed yet. What errors do you get when
you try?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
sokum Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It may sound silly but I'm trying to understand the command but without example it's very difficult learn:

report-generate-now (rpgn) (report name) (report folder) (report type) (format type) (report destination) [options]
Generates a report in the specified file format.
(report folder) - Path to the folder containing the report.
(report type) - Type of the report.
(format type) - The format in which the report should be exported to the file. Valid values for the WID report type are EXCEL, WEBI, or PDF.
(report destination) - The destination of the exported report. Valid values are BO, SMTP, and UNMANAGED_DISK.

I'm using:
zman report-generate-now "Device List for WOL" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\share\boe-publish\reports\User Reports\User Details Report.wid" WID EXCEL UNMANAGED_DISK -f=c:\wol

Error:Failed to connect to the CMS server. For more information, see the zman log. Error:An internal error occurred. Please see the zman log for full stack trace.
ERROR: 16

My Questions:
Where is the (report folder)? My search only turn up one folder of revelance: C:\Program Files (x86)\Novell\ZENworks\share\boe-publish\reports\User Reports\User Details Report.wid
The path or report file is probably incorrect
What is the report type:

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sokum,

this is referring to the reports in the Reporting Infoview - like the
zman docs say "Report commands are applicable only to the reports that
are in the Custom Reports and Predefined Reports folders. Report
commands do not have any effect on the reports that are in the
Favorites folder." These are the filder in that view, not directories n
the filesystem
try
zman rpm WID -r
to see a list of all your reports

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
sebastien3 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are now working with ZRS Sp1 (I'm helping Sokum with his environnement)

I found the zman command but simpl trying to see the reports list fails with the following errors:

C:\>zman rpl WID

Username:zcmman
Password:********

Error:Failed to connect to the CMS server. For more information, see the zman log.
Error:An internal error occurred. Please see the zman log for full stack trace.
ERROR: 16

I found that under Linux, you need to add the user to the zman group to make it work. We are in the windows world here and the zcmman user is already in the Local Administrators Group for the ZRS Server (where I run the command).

I looked at the zman log, but there was nothing more then the CMS connection failed...

Have you seen anything like it ?

Thanks!

Sébastien Gagné
Adaris Technologies
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sebastien,

I don't know ZRS very well, but I'm asking a colleague...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.