Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Failed to get power state of device (SMB)

Hi over a while!
ZENworks 17.4, Lenovo ThinkCentre M920q. After Lenovo device BIOS update seems to WOL stop functioning on Lenovo. (Tried on two computers, other computers ok.) So, I thought to implement Power Actions via Intel AMT in ZENworks, planned anyway and now could be useful. But … even I’ve no problem accessing etc. Lenovo computers using MeshCommander, wakening via ZENworks server does not work. In ZENworks log I see “Failed to get power state of device (SMB)” and “Power Action Failed”, ZENworks server is in same subnet, WOL does work ok, usually. Credentials also seems to be in order, tried with few, same. Intel ME v12.0.2.
Probably I’ve missed something. Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Failed to get power state of device (SMB)

There are quite a few steps...

See - https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks-2017-update-3/zen_outofband_mgmt/data/brbvkny.html?view=print

For Example the ZCM CA needs to be trusted by the Intel AMT device.

--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Failed to get power state of device (SMB)

Hi and thanks!
Well, we just want to power some configured AMT devices using ZEN. After updating BIOS on some Lenovo desktops wol seems to stop working, so, I thought to use ZEN via AMT. I was using this option … some years ago, probably now, seems to, it more complicated. In those days was enough set credentials into vault, set policy and … ok. Problem is we have AMT configured – just password, nothing special, we’re placed behind firewall, so, not trying to get things done using certs etc. when we can avoid it. At least as first effort to get things done. Anyway, I can’t find a way to add this hash described in docs to AMT using command line options as we have not one computer and also admins located far away, must get things done remotely. Using command line options from Windows desktop we powering computers in question as a workaround using AMT, but good to get ZEN in order also for this.
Any experiences?
More thanks, Alar.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.