NovAlf Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Firewall ports for Zone Sharing and Subscription?

Hi again!
What firewall ports need to be open for Zone Sharing and Subscription?
https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks113/zen11_sys_servers/data/b18151xi.html
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Firewall ports for Zone Sharing and Subscription?

NovAlf;2399416 wrote:
Hi again!
What firewall ports need to be open for Zone Sharing and Subscription?
https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks113/zen11_sys_servers/data/b18151xi.html
More thanks, Alar.

Communication occurs on the configured Content and Configuration Ports.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Well, we want to try this ability to share zone, but my boss asked me is this content-sharing safe? Sorry, probably is this written down somewhere (?), but haven't needed so far to deal with this kind of sharing and also lived wo satellites etc., must I worry about some security issues?, meaning, is good enough opening needed ports and ZENworks servers (Zones) getting along secure? Or is needed some secure tunneling between two servers etc.? Sorry.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

This is no different than what an agent needs open to connect to a ZCM server, so I do not understand the question.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Sorry for that. How I put this. I meant is connection between those zones sharing info secure? Must we worry about something opening ports at two ends. We have ASA 5505 devices. So far we are dealing with local subnets and ZENworks servers not visible to outside at all. (We haven't get to Join Proxy. Just yet. But we will.)
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you have two disconnected networks each behind a nat'd firewall, the best thing to do would probably be to perhaps setup a VPN so devices can communicate between the disconnected neworkis,...assuming two disconnected networks don't share common private networks.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Yes, we have two disconnected networks. Both have ZENworks 11 SP3 servers. We want to share bundles and policies from one (ZEN zone) to another (ZEN zone). In secure way. When we open these needed ports on both firewalls and set up sharing content do servers it (share content) securely? Sorry, probably I don't know how to put it. My bad.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

From https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks11/zen11_cm_deployment_bp/data/bi6b5mh.html
I read out that connection between ZENworks server and managed device is secure. (So, for Join Proxy is ok to open firewall port and ... it's fine.) But how is setup sharing and subscription between two zones? Using https ...? Maybe this is obvious (I mean secure connection for sharing content between zones), but I must be sure.
Alar.
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.