fep Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Firewall ports

Hi.

Witch Firewall ports do I need to open up to get everything to work.

Inventory
Remote
Workstation Discovery / Registration

Is it more ?

// Patrik
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
mbreiden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Firewall ports

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 14:21:29 GMT, xilefp wrote:

> Witch Firewall ports do I need to open up to get everything to work.
>
> Inventory
> Remote
> Workstation Discovery / Registration

iirc all the ports are in the documentation
--

Marcus Breiden

If you are asked to email me information please remove the - in my e-mail
address.
The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion.
http://www.didas.de

Marcus Breiden If you are asked to email me information please remove the - in my e-mail address. The content of this mail is my private and personal opinion. http://www.didas.de
0 Likes
fep Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sv: Re: Firewall ports

i have searched the documentation but only found this.

The server must allow traffic on TCP ports 67, 69, 80, 443, 1433, 1521,2638, 2645, 4011, 5550, 5950, 7628, 8005, and 8009.

Port 67 is used by DHCP when sending out PXE requests.

Port 69 is for TFTP, and is only UDP.

Port 80 and 443 is for Tomcat non-secure and secure ports respectively.

If the server is running other services on ports 80 and 443, such as Apache, or are used by OES2, the installation program asks you for new ports to use.

IMPORTANT:If you plan to use AdminStudio 8.5 ZENworks Edition, it requires that the Primary Server is using ports 80 and 443.

Port 1433 is used by an MS SQL database server.

Port 1521 is used by Oracle database server.

Port 2638 is used when a Primary Server needs access to another Primary Server where the Sybase* database resides.

Port 2645 is used for CASA authentication. Opening this port allows ZENworks Configuration Management to manage devices outside of the firewall. It is a good practice to ensure that the network is configured to always allow communication on this port between the ZENworks Server and ZENworks Agents on managed devices.

Port 4011 is for proxy DHCP.

For Remote Management where the ZENworks Adaptive Agent is running, the server listens on port 5950. If the Remote Management Listener is launched, it listens on port 5550 by default. You can change the port before launching it.

Port 7628 is used by the Adaptive Agent.

Port 8005 and 8009 is used by Tomcat.

But this doesn´t make me understand !!!!!
Like this...
Port 7628 is used by the Adaptive Agent. For what ? Is this for Registration/Iventory

// Patrik
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.