Highlighted
afeiner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Firmware and BIOS updates

Is there a way for me to build a dynamic work group, based on Hardware model (I.E, dell precision, Inspiron etc.) and push the MFG catalog updates? I have about 1100 device I need to update, and was hoping to automate as much as possible.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
afeiner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Firmware and BIOS updates

I read here the ZCm is like SCCM on Steroids, what a wow etc.
I do the above on the fly with with SCCM, so is it possible with ZCM or not?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Afeiner,

yes, but it's not patch management, it would just require a standard
bundle - "Machine - System Manufacturer" is one of the criteria for a
dynamic group

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
afeiner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thank you for the response
the bundle is not an issue, the question is if I can use the required / not required like I do in SCCM? there I can import the metabase and it will tell me which machines require what, do I have the same option here, or do I just send a bundle to install regardless?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Afeiner,

if you have set the dynamic group to only include Dell for example,
then deploying a bundle to that group will only go to Dell Machines -
or am I missing something?

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.