Highlighted
mmoshcs Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Fix for printer policy authentication issue

I'm having the same issue as described in https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/504560-Printer-Authentication-User-Name-and-Password-Prompt

I was wondering if anyone was able to indicate when a patch would be available as I do not have access to open an SR to get the FTF. This issue was initially reported in zcm2017, we've got update 1 which is still affected, I'm guessing the plan is this will be in update 2 but I can't find anything on how far away that is.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Fix for printer policy authentication issue

mmoshcs;2471271 wrote:
I'm having the same issue as described in https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/504560-Printer-Authentication-User-Name-and-Password-Prompt

I was wondering if anyone was able to indicate when a patch would be available as I do not have access to open an SR to get the FTF. This issue was initially reported in zcm2017, we've got update 1 which is still affected, I'm guessing the plan is this will be in update 2 but I can't find anything on how far away that is.

Thanks

Looks like it will be included in update 2 that I've read will be out early Q1/2018.

Thomas
0 Likes
stesjo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am having this problem but not with iPrint, but with regular MS Printers, distributed via Zenworks policy.
Auth dialog against MS print server.
Running Update 2. Not helping.
Anyone know if this is general or iprint specific?
Or if there is a fix?
/Stefan
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That particular fix was Generic and not iPrint Specific.
0 Likes
stesjo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok.
So, if customer has problem with this, are there any fix?
This customer is quite newly updated to Update 2, and did not have the problem earlier, came after Update 2 was installed.
And not on all machines.
Also seems like it comes when they start the computer in the morning. And for every printer in the policy assigned to the computer.
If ignoring, it comes again after a couple og hours. When autorefresh?
But if doing a manual refresh (rightclick zen-icon / refresh), it works.
Have not seen it personally yet, will connect to customer and check.
/Stefan
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

There was an SR generated about this issue this week.
AFAIK, a root cause was not yet found. (I'm not directly involved...)

The "FIX" for the iPrint was updating the "Manifest" for ZENworksUserDaemon.exe to include Windows 10.
This addressed a few minor issues here and there...including the iPrint issue.

The UserDaemon acts as sort of an interface between User Processes and System Processes in a number of places.
0 Likes
stesjo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok.
So is that someting you can get via an SR?
Or how to get it?
/Stefan
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That is already in Update 2 and Fixes iPrint.

There was a reported issue with SMB printers the other week as I noted, but at this time I'm not aware of a root cause being found.
Best to open a Ticket.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.