mmerrell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Found! Potential Fix for User Policies not deploying

Hi All,

Not sure exactly what is causing the problem, but if you turn off your firewall on the workstation, user policies will successfully deploy from ZCM 10.1

This was tested on Vista Enterprise x64 SP1. I haven't wiresharked it yet, but I'm guessing some key Agent ports are not opened up during the install of the ZCM agent.

I'm going to try and check this with Wireshark.

I actually stumbled across this because I noticed that the Zenworks Agent was unable to obtain a status from my Vista machine, yet I could do policy refreshes, but not device refreshes. SOOO, disabled the firewall and BAM! my user policy that hadn't shown up suddenly installed and did what it is supposed to.

Merrell
Labels (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
mmerrell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Found! Potential Fix for User Policies not deploying

Ok, now that I've checked this, it looks like it was a one time deal. Upon logging in after turning off the firewall, I was prompted with the ZCM Agent login and policies were applied.

After that, no more policies, and so far ZERO errors reported on the User/Workstation/Policy objects...

SIGH...

Merrell
0 Likes
Jules2003 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Dont worry, there is a ftf agent patch that does fix this (i dont think its public though), we tested it on several workstations and it works.

Weve just got a DLU problem to crack and maybe we will be getting there!.

Cheers
Julian.
0 Likes
mmerrell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank goodness!

I'm contacting technical support tomorrow as I am in dire need of the FTF patch if it does fix the problem.

Thanks so much for letting me know!

Merrell
0 Likes
nickduddy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mmerrell;1649678 wrote:
Thank goodness!

I'm contacting technical support tomorrow as I am in dire need of the FTF patch if it does fix the problem.

Merrell
0 Likes
nickduddy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

mmerrell;1649678 wrote:
Thank goodness!

Merrell

Somehow my post above went in without the text I'd typed....hmmm.

I was saying that I opened a SR on this today, and the tech immediately said he would need to escalate..I think they are seeing it but got nothing to go on.
0 Likes
Jules2003 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nickduddy;1649822 wrote:
Somehow my post above went in without the text I'd typed....hmmm.

I was saying that I opened a SR on this today, and the tech immediately said he would need to escalate..I think they are seeing it but got nothing to go on.

They know all too well about it, you probably wont get a response other than wait for 10.1.1. We had to log two calls via two different avenues and jump up and down to get me talking to an actual guy from novell and get the test patch.

Unless you work for some public service and are a major novell contract they probably wont do much other than the above. Im guessing they are swamped with zcm issues..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.