swaitch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

GPO Causing BSOD when installing 32-bit software

I have been running ZCM 11 for about a month now in a windows 7 test environment. I have created a group policy that is assigned to my user, it was working up to the point when I attempted to install Adobe Reader 9.3.4. Upon finishing the install I get a BSOD, and upon re-login I get another BSOD. This will happen continuously until I login computer only, remove Adobe Reader, and restart the computer. I attempted to also install Firefox and I get the same problem. I decided to remove the group policy assignment from my username and upon doing this the BSODs no longer happen after installing the same software. Once I reinstate the policy, BSODs start again.

Could something be wrong in the group policy that is causing these BSODs? If so, I can't find it. :confused:
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
swaitch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: GPO Causing BSOD when installing 32-bit software

Edit: It appears I was wrong about the group policy being the problem. I have just started experiencing more BSODs. Perhaps this needs to be moved to a Novell Client SP2 forum. I run Windows 7 professional 64-bit at home and have none of these issues, with the same programs. This must be a Novell Client conflict.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You have not stated if you hare using the ZCM Client Update 2 on your
device. If not, I strongly recommend that.

Also, prior to getting too far in your testing, ZCM 11 SP1 will likely
be available in the not too distant future.

On 7/20/2011 2:36 PM, swaitch wrote:
>
> Edit: It appears I was wrong about the group policy being the problem. I
> have just started experiencing more BSODs. Perhaps this needs to be
> moved to a Novell Client SP2 forum. I run Windows 7 professional 64-bit
> at home and have none of these issues, with the same programs. This must
> be a Novell Client conflict.
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
Highlighted
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Craig,

...and an indication of what the blue screen error is would be a good
start

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.