wyldkao Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Generate partition Space report without reporting server

Hi All
I could see all partition free space on single workstation's inventory report. and I want to generate a report which list device's c Drive free space less than 1GB.
But I do not how to select report type or it only generate from reporting server.

Anyone had create similar C drive information report ??

Thanks!!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Generate partition Space report without reporting server

It should be easy to do this right from the ZCC....
Under the Reports section on the left, simply create a "Customer Report".
For Criteria, just set "Free Disk Space" to less than the amount desired....This should be based on Drive C.
0 Likes
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Generate partition Space report without reporting server

So, yes, it is fairly straightforward. I created a custom report based on Hardware Components, focused on Hard Disk, and set the columns to Machine Name, Logical Drives, Disk Space, Free Disk Space and Hard Disk Space. Report works just fine.

One problem however. As an example, I have two drives in my laptop. The second drive is my D:\ drive and that's fine. However, the first drive is my C:\ drive AND my F:\ drive. This inventory report lumps the C and F drive into a single row - Logical Drives value is "CF" - and lumps the disk space values for the two logical drives together as well. So if your disks have pure C:\ drives with no multiple partition configurations, then this report will do everything you want.

ZENworks Reporting Server, however, does a better job at separating the partitions. You'll need to create an ad hoc view using the Inventory field set, and then add these columns to a table layout:
General Device Attributes > Machine Name
Hardware Specific Attributes > Logical Drives > Drive Letter, Available Space (MB), Total Space (MB)

I'll leave the filtering to you, but "Hardware Specific Attributes > Logical Drives > Drive Letter contains C" seems like a good starting place. Note that, depending on operating systems in your environment, if you filter as "C:\" then you may lose some useful records as the C-drive for some older OS instances cones through as a simple "C" so beware.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.