afeiner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Getting prompted for "Password required for this realm"

post upgrade from 10.3.0 > 10.3.1, we are getting a second screen after the Novell client login. this one is a ZCM box prompting us to log on to our realm. We have to click cancel in order to get rid of it.
How do we fix that? I tried few of the solutions suggest here, none seem to apply.

agent versions:
Asset Management 10.3.1.54497
Bundle Management 10.3.1.60750
Content Distribution Point 10.3.1.34138
Image Management 10.3.1.54497
Inventory Management 10.3.1.57091
Patch Management 10.3.1.60220
Policy Management 10.3.1.55710
Remote Management 10.3.1.59747
User Management 10.3.1.34138
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
gleahy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Getting prompted for "Password required for this realm"

I am getting this on one other PC all the time. Its a new install of MS Windows XP SP3 fully patched.
0 Likes
afeiner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I solve my problem.
As for XP stations, what I did was create a user account matching the name and password to the Novell login and password, 2nd screen went away.
As for my issue, I found out that the problem was the a certificate mismatch / zen user source account lockup. I am not sure if they are relate, no time for logs at this point, I simply removed the User Source for now, and everything went back to normal. I will redo the certificate and user source over the weekend.
0 Likes
reynoldsju Absent Member.
Absent Member.

afeiner;2052349 wrote:
I solve my problem.
As for XP stations, what I did was create a user account matching the name and password to the Novell login and password, 2nd screen went away.
As for my issue, I found out that the problem was the a certificate mismatch / zen user source account lockup. I am not sure if they are relate, no time for logs at this point, I simply removed the User Source for now, and everything went back to normal. I will redo the certificate and user source over the weekend.

I removed the User Source and the login screen for ZCM did go away, now the questions are, why is it doing that and how can I fix it?
0 Likes
snobee Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think I am going to add this point to a few of the questions I have found similar to this. I struggled with this and in the end it was a simply DNS problem. Once I added this to my DNS server, it logged in fine. So you need a fully qualified DNS record. This means as an example, ping 172.20.0.1 and ping zcm_server.mydomain.com responds the same.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.