davidkrotil Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

HP EliteBook 755 G5

Hello,
has anyone success with PXE boot on this piece of hardware ? In Update 4 should be fixed the problem with hang after initrd, but it isn't . Already opened SR, but till now no help and we need it functional ASAP.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HP EliteBook 755 G5

Linux Compatibility issues is why there is a push to get more and more customers to use WinPEas the PXE Boot Environment than Linux.
Under WinPe it is possible to...

#1 - Perform Traditional ZCM imaging with .ZMG files.
Some Linux Bash Scripts may need to be converted to Windows Equivalents....

#2 - Mange Traditional Windows Imaging files/scripts using ZCM.

Dev/Support is really trying to reach out to help make this switch easier....

davidkrotil;2496282 wrote:
Hello,
has anyone success with PXE boot on this piece of hardware ? In Update 4 should be fixed the problem with hang after initrd, but it isn't . Already opened SR, but till now no help and we need it functional ASAP.

Thanks
0 Likes
davidkrotil Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Craig,
sure I know about WinPE, but it's still way slower as Linux based imaging, I already had SR's, under Update 3 was this super slow, under Update is better, but ..
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What SR#.....
Were you using ZMG files or more native WinPE methods?

I'm not sure of open defects around performance....but would definitely want to take a look.....
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.