wyldkao Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Open Usage CRP file ?

HI All
Slaes has a POC and want to check the soaftware usage , but the customer want to get detail information , include everyday.
when we testing in my internal Lab...we find the date/time information seem incorrect, for example: I click a photoshop on PM23:00 Jun 4 , but the record show click on Jun 3 (I only see date in ZRS , no detail time in ZRS report===> Does ZRS could list detail detail software useage detail time information ?)

I want to direct check from client side, but the CRP seem is "dbase" file, and I could not direct see the content.
Which method let me easily check the software information from client side to find reason my issue ??

thanks!!

wyldkao
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to Open Usage CRP file ?

I'm not sure in which tables the data is stored in the DB, if you visit https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks113/

There are sections under both Asset Management and Configuration Management with links to DB Schema details for inventory.
0 Likes
wyldkao Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HI
Because I have a time problem with usage record..so I want to direct check from CRP file of workstation(I generate a usage report to show date/time...but it seem not I want==>incorrect date/time I perform software)
Besides, by default setting, usage data will upload with inventory data....but I only let workstation upload usage data like log-out.whether ZCM has any command could let workstation only upload CRP file to Primary server or not ?

thanks!!

wyldkao
0 Likes
BMcDowell1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As far as I am aware, the CRP files are encrypted; no tools are provided for examining them directly.

There is a document showing the Asset Management portion of the ZENworks database schema here:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks114/pdfdoc/resources/zenworks11sp3_am_schema.pdf

That may help you with your efforts to extract data through ZENworks Reporting Server.

Bruce McDowell Technical Services Consultant, McDowell Consulting LLC bruce@consultbruce.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.