iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Update ZCM with Renewal??

I just renewed my ZCM, and the patch management piece is still showing as expired. I went into the configuration, patch management, subscription serial number, but the sn# field is grayed out and I am unable to enter a new one. I'm not sure if the activation code is the same thing? If I click on Action, verify license, a window pops up saying "evaluation period has expired" (it was not an eval). So if I don't enter the new activation code on this screen, where the heck do I do it?

In my customer center account, I had to ask it to generate a new activation code which it did, and that's what I assume I have to enter somewhere, but where?

Help! I need to get those patches downloading again....

Thanks,

Val

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to Update ZCM with Renewal??

Iliadmin,

you should not create a new serial number - see http://www.novell.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=3077372&
although this is for ZPM, the same process applies... if you didn't follow this, then email activation@novell.com, give them your serial numbers
plus details of your purchase order, and ask them to move the entitlement from the new serial number to the old one

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

oops! Thanks, Shawn, I see I am not the only one to make that mistake. 😞 I just sent the email, hopefully I'll get a response soon. Perhaps suggesting to the right person to inlcude instructions not to do this in the email they send out with the insall link woudl be more helpful.

Anyway, many thanks!

GW 2018 & Mobility Service-Version: 18.1.0 Build: 410 on SLES 12SP3, GW Client 18.02 (Build 131493) on Windows 7 64bit; server OES 11 on SLES 11 SP3; eDirectory 9.1 on SLES12SP3 and eDirectory 8.8sp8 on SLES11 SP3
0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any other email address we can use? I have not received any response from the activation@novell.com. One would think you would at least get an acknowledgement!
Customer service just ain't what it used to be.....:-(

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Iliadmin,

forward your email to me spond at novell dot com and I will talk to
someone...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On it's way, thank you, Shaun!

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Iliadmin,

I've kicked them plus the manager responsible - I'll see what
happens...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
iliadmin1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun, you're fantastic! My license is showing valid once again, and the download begins...

If you were a bit closer, I'd buy you a coldie!

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!!

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Iliadmin,

great, I think they'd had a problem with emails (several accounts merge
into one) and just needed a nudge 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
QBab Absent Member.
Absent Member.

spond;1714701 wrote:
Iliadmin,

great, I think they'd had a problem with emails (several accounts merge
into one) and just needed a nudge 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

Hello Shaun, I have had a zcm10 sp1 installed. However, its evaluation period expired and now refusing to login with administrator account. Is it due to expiration of evaluation period or may be I am typing wrong password which is highly unlikely. However, I am able to login to zcc with other accounts which had limited rights.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QBab,

10 SP1? My goodness that's an old one to be evaluating... there's no
reason why just account should just stop working that I know of

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.