nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to export a list of all bundles?

Hi

Is there an easy way to export a list of all bundles in a folder? Perhaps by zman?

Thanks

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to export a list of all bundles?

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun

Thanks for your answer. I have looked at it, but I don't seem to be able to find what it is I'm looking for. I am able to view a list, but I need to export itto a file 😉

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nop1983,

there are command-line switches for all zman commands to export to a
files, try zman --help for, well... help 🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Niels, It's possible to export it to a file

But not using the way you normally do. For example:
zman bl -r /bundles/Folder > exportfile.txt

zman hangs when the output of a command is redirected to a file by using the command line redirection operators such as > or >>

Source: ZENworks 11 SP1; zman.
Possible Cause: zman requires the ZENworks administrator username and password for executing each command. If the credentials are not provided with the command, you are prompted to enter the same. However, if the output of the command is redirected to file, you are not prompted to enter the credentials because the prompts for username and password are also redirected to the file. Consequently, zman hangs, waiting for the credentials to be entered.
Action: Specify the credentials as part of the command by using -U|--User and -P|--Password options.
Action: Store the credentials by using the admin-store-credential command and then execute the command.
Action: Redirect the output to a file by using the -R|--Redirect option instead of a redirection operator such as > or >>.

I think this is the solution.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your replies. I used copy and paste. But now I have it if I need it another time 🙂

0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nop1983;2137113 wrote:
Thanks for your replies. I used copy and paste. But now I have it if I need it another time 🙂

🙂
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just to let you know; I now tried using this command: zman bl -r /bundles/Applikationer -R c:\exportfile.txt

It worked great, so thanks for that.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.