wyld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to find the workstation witrh Deplicate ZCM ID

Hi
My customer have problem that workstation objects are not equal to physical workstation total numbers.I find the reason is some workstation have the same ZCM ID.I know I could fix it by run "zac reg -g http://server_IP",but I need to find out How much the workstation with duplicate ID.
Anyone know How to find these workstation ??

thanks!

wyld
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to find the workstation witrh Deplicate ZCM ID

wyld,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
dtemple-sgi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you have machines with duplicate GUID's when they register the device name is appended with the GUID. For example a machine may show up in the console as XP123456-f910c11677c608488e9f7fefa542b8a0, where XP123456 is the hostname of the workstation. In this case the command "zman wl -t=device -n="*-*" /Devices/Workstations" will show you these workstations.
0 Likes
BachmannK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hallo

I had the same problem. One PC kicked off the other one when starting up. And the inventory data therefore did sometimes not fit to the correct device.

I build a bundle with an install script action running as Administrator with the following content:
net use \\ServerName\ShareName !PassWord! /user:.User.Orgunit.Orgunit.Org /PERSISTENT:NO
set /p ZCMDeviceGuid=<"%ZENWORKS_HOME%\conf\DeviceGuid"
set /p ZCMDeviceData=<"%ZENWORKS_HOME%\conf\DeviceData"
set hr=%TIME:~0,2%
set mn=%TIME:~3,2%
set sc=%TIME:~6,2%
set hms=%hr%:%mn%:%sc%
echo.%date%;%hms: =0%;%computername%;%ZCMDeviceGuid%;%ZCMDeviceData% >> \\ServerName\ShareName\ZCMdeviceData\Devices.csv

I stored a file Devices.csv with the header line "Date;Time;Computer;DeviceGuid;DeviceData" in above location
I assigned the Bundle to all devices with "Schedule Type: On Device Refresh" and "Install Immediately after Distribution"
After a day I had information of most devices.
In Excel with a "Bedingte Formatierung" with the formula "=UND(ZÄHLENWENN($D:$D; D1)>1;NICHT(ISTLEER(D1)))" I was able to display the duplicate entries in a comfortable manner.

By the way: What is the need and the use of the data/file/ZISwinEntry "DeviceData" or "Device ID" I found duplicate entries in that field as well.

Thanks Klaus
0 Likes
sjacobson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have found if you can view the message log on your server that reads The managed device (machine name) with guid (guid #) that has the yellow diamond status and click on that message to read the detail sometimes the full message at the top and the source: line down below will have 2 different machine names. I then go to the 2 machines and unreg them from the server and locally, go to the zisedit info in windows and clear all the image safe data and sid leaving the name and workgroup where it shows up. I then boot into zen imaging on the re-boot like I am going to image the machine, at the bash prompt I do a zisedit and clear all the image safe data in there but the name where it is entered and workgroup(there is only 1 line in there that doesn't get cleared when you clear it from windows). I then re-boot the machine, login workstation only and re-register.

If the machine name is the same in both lines in there then you can go to the machine object that has the error and look at the inventory information. I have found that the host name will show up as the other machine name it is conflicting with sometimes.

We have only had this issue when we forget to prep the image from a master correctly to put on other machines or, we forget to modify the zisedit data adding a name and workgroup before we re-boot a brand new machine that has never been on our network that we have just imaged.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.