Highlighted
jqueiroz Contributor.
Contributor.

How to fire up bundle execution on VPN connection?

Hi,

I have a situation where I need to execute a bundle when user connects on a VPN.
I tried to use the "Connect to network" event, but it didn't worked.
Any hints?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to fire up bundle execution on VPN connection?

This is not a feature of Core ZCM.

If you are licensed for ZESM, You can create a "ZESM Script" that can execute upon a change in Network Location.
When the Device Stars the VPN, I would presume the defined "ZENworks Location" would change to something such as "VPN Location".
At this point, ZESM can run a WSH script.....which could be as simple a calling a "zac" command to run the bundle of your choice.

I would suggest a post on the "Idea Page" for something around location changes.

Other than ZESM, the only other thing would be to have a script initiated upon user logon, that just ran in the background and listened for the VPN to come up.
Not ideal......but unless u have ZESM that would be the only way today..........
0 Likes
jqueiroz Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: How to fire up bundle execution on VPN connection?

I used a "side" solution, where I defined the VPN range as a prerequisite to the bundle, so it only displays on the user's desktop when the VPN is connected. Then I instructed the interested user to refresh the agent after connecting, then clicking the icon once it appears. This is not a good solution, but is a solution. 😞

At the same time I'm working with the VPN team for them to solve the situation, so the bundle will not be necessary anymore.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.