rjtd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to install a "patch management" only agent?

Hi,

How can I set ZENworks agent so that it can only be used for Patch Management?
All my users still get the ZENworks Application / ZAPP as well as a bunch of shortcuts to it.

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to install a "patch management" only agent?

rjtd;2485981 wrote:
Hi,

How can I set ZENworks agent so that it can only be used for Patch Management?
All my users still get the ZENworks Application / ZAPP as well as a bunch of shortcuts to it.

Thanks

Have you tried setting all other modules as "Uninstalled" except "Patch Management"?

Thomas
0 Likes
rjtd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Actually I didn't.
I always though it depends on Bundle Management.
Will give it a try.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

rjtd;2486043 wrote:
Actually I didn't.
I always though it depends on Bundle Management.
Will give it a try.

Give it a try but my guess is that zapp etc will still show up.

Thomas
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Bundle Spoke is required for ZPM...Since ZPM uses bundles for patches.

#1 - The ZAPP Window will not appear if it is just called with the /RunOnce switch in the run key.
The Windows will only appear if you add switches such as /s, /norm, /min, etc....

#2 - You could also Hide the ZENworks Icon in the system try via a ZENworks Configuration Explorer Policy.

#3 - You could disable the User Spoke....so no user assignments flow down.

However....If I device inherits bundles, those could still run or be seen if configured to show on the Desktop/Start Menu.

The "ZPM Only Client" setup would only work in a Zone that is not licensed for Bundle Management.
You could move your "ZPM Only Agents" to a device folder that did not inherit bundles.........
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: My contact who said the Bundle Spoke is required...is now less than 100% sure...so you could try it...........
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.