ktm_2000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to launch .vbs script and have it execute as user?

In Zen 7, I could enter a .vbs or .bat file into the launch scripts section and then have a user click an icon and launch the script in the user's space (ie launches the script with the user's credentials.

How can I accomplish this with ZCM11, it seems that no matter what I do, it executes the script as the system account.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to launch .vbs script and have it execute as user?

ktm_2000;2135279 wrote:
In Zen 7, I could enter a .vbs or .bat file into the launch scripts section and then have a user click an icon and launch the script in the user's space (ie launches the script with the user's credentials.

How can I accomplish this with ZCM11, it seems that no matter what I do, it executes the script as the system account.

And you have it set to run as user?

Novell Doc: ZENworks 11 SP1 Software Distribution Reference - Action - Run Script

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.