ktm_2000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to update where bundles show up in Application Window

Hi All,

I'm trying to simplify the experience for my end users and want to get a simple folder structure in the application window. I'm finding that if I move bundles into a folder structure in the console the bundles don't show up in the corresponding folder structure in the application window unless I publish a new version of the bundle.

I've recently restructured the folders and now I need to get 400+ bundles to show up correctly, is there a faster way than going into each bundle and publishing a new version?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to update where bundles show up in Application Window

ktm,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
sananth Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to update where bundles show up in Application Windo

ktm, this reply may be late for you. Just in case this still helps you, here is how you do it:
1. Go to the 'Bundles' page.
2. Select all bundles you want to publish.
3. Open 'Action' menu, and choose 'Publish Bundles(s)' option.
4. Run through the wizard that comes up.

- Ananth
0 Likes
jcegstad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That only works if the bundle is already sandboxed. If it's not, zen will tell you that no sandbox exists for the bundle, and stops there.

I am running into the same issue as the OP. If you have an existing bundle, and you move it from one bundle folder to another, a zen client does not see that change unless you push out a new version of the bundle that you moved. And in order to do that you have to manually go into the bundle, edit something, then publish a new version of the bundle.
I don't know how long you'd have to wait for the cached version of a bundle to be re-downloaded, or if there's a way to shorten the cached time, but it would be really nice to have some way to easily force an update on the root of a bundle folder tree.
0 Likes
sananth Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It still works if any of the selected bundles do not have a sandbox. The wizard that pops up lists only those bundles that have a sandbox. You could still narrow your search there. If you do not want to narrow down any further, you have to select all of them and proceed. The bundles will be published.

On the bundle move problem, there is no way to shorten the cache time, but an option(not a convenient one) would be to clear the cache, causing the bundles to be re-downloaded. I understand it is an inconvenience to change something to create another version just for sake of making the move effective at the device, but if your main concern is avoiding the change in version, you could also consider creating a sandbox and publishing to a new bundle that would take effect immediately.

- Ananth
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.