dothe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I cannot intall it on SLES11SP3

Hi,

I tried twice to install the product Reporting 5 (standalone product) on new host vm with SLES11SP3 --> GUI & Command line intallation but it doesn't works - always done but with serious errors !!!

Our ZCM config is only one primary server (update from 11.2.3a MU1 --> 11.2.4) -- zcm db is sysbase

The install log (*.xml) product (a part) :

Command Output: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running /opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/postgresql/bin/createuser -U postgres -p 5432 -h 127.0.0.1 -D -R -S jasperdb : createuser.bin:
could not connect to database postgres: could not connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running /opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/apache-ant/bin/ant import-minimal-pro :
BUILD FAILED

/opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:264: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:144: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:370: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/buildomatic/conf_source/db/postgresql/db.xml:64: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:441: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/buildomatic/bin/validation.xml:464: Generic connection failure: [FATAL: the database system is starting up]. Treating problem with JDBC connection as unrecoverable

Total time: 1 second
Debug file written.

Best Regards,

David

PS : Firewall is OFF
Labels (2)
0 Likes
16 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: I cannot intall it on SLES11SP3

0 Likes
dothe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shaun,

Thx for this link (TID) but it does'nt work for my case because I don't have any entry with 127.0.0.2 in the host file....

Another strange think about this installation of this reporting tool on my SLES... I see in my file manager : on Top Level on File System the folder ":\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\JasperReports Server 5.0.1" has been created !!! Mix between Linux & Windows into this installation...

Regards,

David
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dothe,

http://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014145
can you send the install log to me please - spond at novell dot com and
I will get someone to take a look at it

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
dothe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shaun,

It's done... the last log file is send it... Thx & Have a nice weekend

Regards,

David
0 Likes
dothe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

@Shaun

I received this message during the command lines (Linux) installation :

"Error occurred while execution configure action CustomizationConfigureAction. Check the novell-zenworks-configure.log file for more details."

and at end :

"Install Complete -- The installation of ZENworks Reporting is finished, but some serious errors occurred during the install."

----------------------------------------------

I think that the installation process cannot to create an user called "dbjasper" for the internal db called "jasperdb"...

Regards,

David
0 Likes
dothe Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The installation works (Reporting JasperSoft version 5.0.1 for ZCM) now with my SLES11SP3 VM. Remove IPv6 format from the NIC setting (Reboot necessary) and remove all lines about IPv6 format on host file... after that you can install the Reporting Product for this OS model.

Thx @ Spond (also for Kalpana & Vikram) ;o)
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dothe,

but the odd thing is that my install worked fine even with IPv6 loaded,
and all the entries in hosts...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
jlodom Contributor.
Contributor.

I'm seeing something similar on SLES 11sp2 with the GUI installer. Tomcat installs and starts but the reporting server does not come up (Tomcat default page in the browser). Same kinds of errors Would it be useful if I sent a copy of my install log?
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jlodom,

sure

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
jlodom Contributor.
Contributor.

Belated, but sent.

spond;2302989 wrote:
Jlodom,

sure

--

Shaun Pond
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jlodom,

OK, got it - I'd also like to see your hosts file (since there have
been some issues with that, it will help to prove that it's not a
factor), and /opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/installation.log please!

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

spond;2304502 wrote:
Jlodom,

OK, got it - I'd also like to see your hosts file (since there have
been some issues with that, it will help to prove that it's not a
factor), and /opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/installation.log please!

--

Shaun Pond

I was able to install successfully onto SLES11 SP3 fully patched (in VMware). Basic installation of SLES, nothing special chosen, although I DID disable AppArmor. And disabled IPV6 and the Firewall.
0 Likes
jlodom Contributor.
Contributor.

Yes, I did see the TID on the hosts file. I don't think it applies here, but the contents of the host file are below. Sending the installation.log separately.

I reported in my e-mail to you that http://zenreporterdns:8080 just gave me the Tomcat default page but zenreporterdns:8080/jasperserver-pro/ gave me the Jaspersoft server. I should further note that I can log in as my ZENWorks user and run canned reports. HOWEVER, I don't think I'm seeing the interface that the ZEN team would like me to see -- the interface I am seeing does not match any of the screenshots I have seen for the product and I can see lots of reports with the same name and HIDDEN as their description. My assumption then is that Jaspersoft installed correctly and can connect to ZEN and the DB but that somehow the ZRS-specific interface elements did not get loaded correctly.

zenreporter:~ # cat /etc/hosts
#
# hosts This file describes a number of hostname-to-address
# mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem. It is mostly
# used at boot time, when no name servers are running.
# On small systems, this file can be used instead of a
# "named" name server.
# Syntax:
#
# IP-Address Full-Qualified-Hostname Short-Hostname
#

127.0.0.1 localhost

# special IPv6 addresses
::1 localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

fe00::0 ipv6-localnet

ff00::0 ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2 ipv6-allrouters
ff02::3 ipv6-allhosts

10.62.10.172 zenreporter.escambia.k12.fl.us zenreporter
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jlodom,

thanks - I'm asking the developers now...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.