fons03 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If I add an mst file later to my bundle, the file won't get!

Hi,

I would like to add an mst file to an existing bundle, but what I noticed is the following,

If I simply add the file later when it is distributed to the WS it is put in a separate dir, so o corse the msiexec will faille error 1624.

If I reload all the files associated with the msi it still won't work and in fact I hope that is not the way to do this! it would suck's if you had to upload all files again simply to add one.

Please if anyone have any idea I would appreciate

The MSI is GroupWise client 7,0,4 ZCM 11!

Thanks
Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
4 Replies
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: If I add an mst file later to my bundle, the file won't

Whay do you mean with, " when it is distributed to the WS it is put in a separate dir"

fons03;2066188 wrote:
Hi,

I would like to add an mst file to an existing bundle, but what I noticed is the following,

If I simply add the file later when it is distributed to the WS it is put in a separate dir, so o corse the msiexec will faille error 1624.

If I reload all the files associated with the msi it still won't work and in fact I hope that is not the way to do this! it would suck's if you had to upload all files again simply to add one.

Please if anyone have any idea I would appreciate

The MSI is GroupWise client 7,0,4 ZCM 11!

Thanks
0 Likes
fons03 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

floort;2066227 wrote:
Whay do you mean with, " when it is distributed to the WS it is put in a separate dir"

Yes, for exemple mw gw bundle is sent to the ws int the following folder C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd\ZenCache\c0efcad3-a1c4-4c59-9bb4-f937673e5f15 then the mst is sent to C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd\ZenCache\c0efcad3-a1c4-4c59-9bb4-f937678ed7a

so for sure the grpwise.msi can't see the mst and it fails!
0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hmm ok.. don't know how that supposed to work, i'm not using the content-repo. I'm using a network share for all my msi's and other deployment for bundles.
Every machine on the network has that drive.

fons03;2066336 wrote:
Yes, for exemple mw gw bundle is sent to the ws int the following folder C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd\ZenCache\c0efcad3-a1c4-4c59-9bb4-f937673e5f15 then the mst is sent to C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\cache\zmd\ZenCache\c0efcad3-a1c4-4c59-9bb4-f937678ed7a

so for sure the grpwise.msi can't see the mst and it fails!
0 Likes
fons03 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We have over 50 sites spread across the province, we also user satellite's so for us to be able to sync out to satellite's we use the content-repo, B-T-Way when we use the content repo is the data on the primary server or in the database or both?

We will be using 3 to 5 primary server (L4 Switch in front) and a satellite server in every location, do we know how I can size this using a formula?

I need to prepare purchasing orders and I need to write in a document "Primary servers can handle x clients" "Satellites, will handle between x and y"

Thanks !
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.