dmantz
New Member.
2217 views

Imaging Mac Book

I have updated our ZCM 11 server to 11.2 so we can easily manage the Apple laptops and PC laptops within our school environment. Our ZEN 11.2 server is fully patched and running on SLES 10.3 fully patched server. The issue I am having with imaging is that ZEN11 server does not seem to be communicating with the workstations. I setup a workstation task of "Take an Image" from within the "Devices> Workstations" section. I completed each step of the setup mapping it to the correct server and image sub-directory. Then I used the image name of MBlion.zmg to identify the image file. Unfortunately, after setting up the task, I rebooted the Mac Book laptop (OS 10.7.3) but the laptop does not find/process the task assigned.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction for creating an image of our Mac Books using this process? Thanks in advance for any advice/support!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Imaging Mac Book

dmantz;2189655 wrote:
I have updated our ZCM 11 server to 11.2 so we can easily manage the Apple laptops and PC laptops within our school environment. Our ZEN 11.2 server is fully patched and running on SLES 10.3 fully patched server. The issue I am having with imaging is that ZEN11 server does not seem to be communicating with the workstations. I setup a workstation task of "Take an Image" from within the "Devices> Workstations" section. I completed each step of the setup mapping it to the correct server and image sub-directory. Then I used the image name of MBlion.zmg to identify the image file. Unfortunately, after setting up the task, I rebooted the Mac Book laptop (OS 10.7.3) but the laptop does not find/process the task assigned.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction for creating an image of our Mac Books using this process? Thanks in advance for any advice/support!


Mac imaging is not supported in 11.2 but I believe that is a feature on the roadmap.

Thomas
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Imaging Mac Book

thsundel;2189683 wrote:
Mac imaging is not supported in 11.2 but I believe that is a feature on the roadmap.

Thomas


In Novell ZENworks 11 SP2, Preboot Services provides functionality that allows you to perform automatic imaging tasks on managed devices (Windows/ Linux Primary Servers and workstations) before their operating systems boot.


Novell Doc: ZENworks 11 SP2 Preboot Services and Imaging Reference - Overview

Thomas
0 Likes
dmantz
New Member.

Re: Imaging Mac Book

Thanks Thomas for the information and resource link. I hope the roadmap is just around the bend for ZEN imaging and Macs.
0 Likes
jsessler Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Imaging Mac Book

On 2012-04-19 14:36:02 +0000, dmantz said:

> Thanks Thomas for the information and resource link. I hope the roadmap
> is just around the bend for ZEN imaging and Macs.


For your Macs, and until Zen adds support, I'd look at DeployStudio. We
use it to deploy all of our Macs including those that we run Windows on
and it's fantastic.

Jeff

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.