cgotstein Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Imaging Maintenance Fails VMware

Recently did an upgrade to 11.3 SP3 and applied the lasted imaging driver update. We are now unable to PXE boot into imaging maintenance with our VMware images. Error is Could not find the ZENworks repository. Activating Manual setup program. Also seeing that during the loading process there is failure in udev with an unexpected exit. Looking for some assistance on getting our VMware images to be PXE boot again so we can take images.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Imaging Maintenance Fails VMware

cgotstein;2400310 wrote:
Recently did an upgrade to 11.3 SP3 and applied the lasted imaging driver update. We are now unable to PXE boot into imaging maintenance with our VMware images. Error is Could not find the ZENworks repository. Activating Manual setup program. Also seeing that during the loading process there is failure in udev with an unexpected exit. Looking for some assistance on getting our VMware images to be PXE boot again so we can take images.

Could it be related to this: https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7016226 ?

Also in 11.3.2.FRU1 there is a fix for "BUG 910504 - PXE booting a VMware workstation 11 VM in UEFI mode fails"

Thomas
0 Likes
besjog Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am seeing the same issue with the February imaging driver update when trying to image a VMWare vm with uefi pxe--if you copy the previous versions
of the imaging files into /srv/tftp/efi/ and sub folders the old versions of root, initrd work I keep a copy of the old version files on my imaging server
I logged an SR with novell for this
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Besjog,

what about if you use the workaround from the TID?

--

Shaun Pond (now working for ENGL)
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
cgotstein Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The workaround mentioned in the TID does indeed work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cgotstein,

🙂

--

Shaun Pond (now working for ENGL)
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.