pmacjr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Imaging problems Coexisting with ZFD 7 PXE imaging server

We have a ZFD 7 that we are using for all of the Zen services (Policies, Apps, Imaging ect..) We installed a new ZCM 11 server on the same subnet as our ZFD 7 server in hopes to start using the PXE boot method for imaging. We have always used the BootCD method for imaging and now we are getting PC's that have new Windows 7 and the e1000e card.

When we boot the new PC's (lenova M91p) they do not pickup the new ZCM 11 server. They never get a IP Address. I boot a VM that has Winxp and the E1000 Nic and it gets a IP address but exits.The DHCP server is a separate Windows DHCP server on that same subnet.

I have installed the latest Patches and Image updates on both our servers. I even added the "e1000e" to the z_auto.cfg and z_maint.cfg files on the ZCM 11 server and rebooted the server. I added the ZFD 7 server ip address to the Referral Lists and copied the ZCM 11 image files to the ZFD 7 server.

I am at a loss to what might be the problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in Advance.
:confused:

Thanks, pmj
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Imaging problems Coexisting with ZFD 7 PXE imaging serve

pmacjr;2101294 wrote:

When we boot the new PC's (lenova M91p) they do not pickup the new ZCM 11 server. They never get a IP Address. I boot a VM that has Winxp and the E1000 Nic and it gets a IP address but exits.The DHCP server is a separate Windows DHCP server on that same subnet.

Hi

Just to be sure; Do your new workstations not even get a IP address from your dhcp? (NOT Proxy dhcp)

Regards

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
pmacjr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Imaging problems Coexisting with ZFD 7 PXE imaging serve

The new PCs do get an IP address when they boot Windows. They don't get a IP addrress when we use a Imaging BootCD or PXE. The Bios is set to boot the Network First. We have other PC's that get IP addresses but they pickup the ZFD 7 Proxy DHCP not the ZCM Proxy DHCP.

Thanks, pmj
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Imaging problems Coexisting with ZFD 7 PXE imaging server

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.