rjneilly
New Member.

Initial-web-service wrong URI, can't correct

Hi,

I am in the middle of a project to upgrade from ZCM 11.4 to $Current. Last year we added a new primary ZCM 11.4.2 to the zone. The zone now has two primaries. We moved the CA to the new primary. Both primaries are listed by the workstation agent in the four roles and they are listed in the correct order per the Closest Server Default Rule. Also we have no 'Location' defined, so everything is in the 'Undefined' location. We noticed that the agent's 'initial-web-service' contains the zone's first primary (s34) which we want to retire - it is being replaced by the second primary (s155) which is defined now as the primary primary.

We can see that the ZAA (11.4.2) briefly has s155 in the initial-web-service file but then changes it to s34. Not sure how/where this is controlled. Also not sure if it matters...I fear though that when I go to remove the old primary (s34) then all those managed workstations will lose contact with the zone, or that new deployments of the ZAA will try to connect to the old primary, fail and be dead in the water.

Is my concern legit?
How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Ron
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Initial-web-service wrong URI, can't correct

This is not a worry.....
This file is only used when the device's connection to the zone becomes corrupted for recovery purposes.
This file also automatically updates based upon the devices listed in your closest server rule.
So when the old server is removed, this file will be updated with a live server the next time the device gets new location rules.

At one point, this file was always updated with the 1st listed Configuration Server in the location rules if that was not already set in the initial-web-service file.
Later the code was changed to only update the file if the server in the initial-web-service file was not listed in the closest server rules at all.

Can't recall which rule set 11.4.2 uses, but based on your observation....probably the 1st set.

rjneilly;2497675 wrote:
Hi,

I am in the middle of a project to upgrade from ZCM 11.4 to $Current. Last year we added a new primary ZCM 11.4.2 to the zone. The zone now has two primaries. We moved the CA to the new primary. Both primaries are listed by the workstation agent in the four roles and they are listed in the correct order per the Closest Server Default Rule. Also we have no 'Location' defined, so everything is in the 'Undefined' location. We noticed that the agent's 'initial-web-service' contains the zone's first primary (s34) which we want to retire - it is being replaced by the second primary (s155) which is defined now as the primary primary.

We can see that the ZAA (11.4.2) briefly has s155 in the initial-web-service file but then changes it to s34. Not sure how/where this is controlled. Also not sure if it matters...I fear though that when I go to remove the old primary (s34) then all those managed workstations will lose contact with the zone, or that new deployments of the ZAA will try to connect to the old primary, fail and be dead in the water.

Is my concern legit?
How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Ron
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.