Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
burrjl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Install bundle with reboot

Hi there

To install an application I have I need to uninstall ( which is done with a script ). I then need to reboot and then continue with the install script.

Actions setup are:

1) uninstall application
2) reboot
3) Install new application

Is there a way I can do this do after the reboot the bundle continues.?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
gerwil1478
New Member.

Re: Install bundle with reboot

I'm assuming we are only talking about one application here.

Set up two bundles
1 Uninstall and reboot Bundle
2 install Bundle

In the first bundle and for user initiated reinstall, allow the user to have access to the uninstall option from the actions/options tab and add an action to uninstall the app and then reboot. The user then just does a right mouse button click on the icon to get the uninstall option.

In the first bundle and for a triggered reinstall, add the actions to uninstall the app/reboot to the install tab with a trigger (Assignments) for date/refresh/etc

The second bundle can be set to launch the install using requirements that the bundle is not installed. A trigger (assignments) can be set to a time/day/action etc

I thinks that's what your after

Cheers
0 Likes
burrjl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there

I will try this.
I have setup the 2 bundles.

When adding a requirement for the second bundle ( to install if the second bundle is not installed ), the second bundle is greyed out. I'm presuming this is because its from within the same bundle I am editing.

Thoughts

GERWIL;1939639 wrote:
I'm assuming we are only talking about one application here.

Set up two bundles
1 Uninstall and reboot Bundle
2 install Bundle

In the first bundle and for user initiated reinstall, allow the user to have access to the uninstall option from the actions/options tab and add an action to uninstall the app and then reboot. The user then just does a right mouse button click on the icon to get the uninstall option.

In the first bundle and for a triggered reinstall, add the actions to uninstall the app/reboot to the install tab with a trigger (Assignments) for date/refresh/etc

The second bundle can be set to launch the install using requirements that the bundle is not installed. A trigger (assignments) can be set to a time/day/action etc

I thinks that's what your after

Cheers
0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

OK
Good point.
When setting Assignment details/Availability schedule for the user there is only 'Date' and 'Recurring'. And I guess correct as availability should be set under the requirements tab.

There is an option to have the bundle run only once/once per user etc in the bundles action but that does not remove the bundle icon from the app launcher.

So
Two bundles
1st Installs app and launches app. Has verify actions to uninstall app, clear cache with script 'cmd zac cc' and then reboot.
2nd Installs only. Requirements are that a file of the app does not exist and is triggered on user login. (Must admin I've never been too successful with triggering apps on login/out events)

I don't see any reason why an app icons avaliability in the launcher could not be depandant on weather or not its bundle has been installed - (or have I missed something)

Cheers
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.