di6parn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it impossible to update the agent manually?

Hi all,

We have ZCM 10.3.1 installed and running, but we have a lot of clients that are still running the 10.2.2 agent. We began deploying the update through ZCC but not all of the clients were updated when I (accidentally) checked ZCC for updates, which made it download the 10.3.3 update and so the 10.3.1 agent update was stopped.

I can no longer update the agents to 10.3.1 since it's not available in ZCC. And I don't want to update to ZCM 10.3.3 since that would stop us from going to ZCM11 (which we plan to do in the "near" future).

Other than uninstall+reboot+install+reboot, is there no way to manually force an update of the agent to 10.3.1? I have found TID 7001305 which suggests it's possible, but I can't get it to work. Any ideas?

Regards,
Pär
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
cdowgos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it impossible to update the agent manually?

for win7, (maybe xp too, ive only done it on win7)

delete the folders inside

C:\windows\novell\zenworks

then run the preagent installer, it will upgrade then reboot then its all set.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Di6parn,

if you raise a SR, Novell can help "get back" the 10.3.1 update

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
di6parn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

cdowgos: Thanks, I will try this first thing tomorrow.

Shaun: I will think about it. Maybe I'll try to rush the upgrade to ZCM 11 instead.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.