mww Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Join Proxy issue KB 7018551

We are doing a trial of ZCM 2017. I used Zenworks at prior jobs so I have a fair amount of background on it even though this is a demo.

We seem to have hit this bug: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7018551

We did these exact steps and now our primary server is only showing port 80 for the joinproxy on the client. This KB doesn't show any workaround?

We tried to remove and reapply but that didn't work. As a demo we don't have support.

Does anyone know how to manually fix the joinproxy port on the primary server? This does not look well for other team members during the demo 😞
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Join Proxy issue KB 7018551

#1 - Will Send you Private Message how to fix...It is an SQL Query to Restore lost Entry.
However, I avoid posting SQL in the forums..especially if it is for changing vs just reporting.....

#2 - This issue was reported in ZCM 11.4.3, but Fixed in ZCM 2017 Update 1.
I would recommend applying Update 3 to your Zone.
Lots of very important fixes posted since Update 0.
Especially in ZAPP, which was brand new to ZCM and had quite a few important fixes over the first 1 or 2 updates.

#3 - The Join Proxy Role is generally something there is not any need for in most configurations.
Primarily used for Remote Controlling Devices outside if the Corporate Network.
Normally ever used inside the Corporate Network and does not provide any functionality outside the corporate network except for the VNC Based Remote Control.

mww;2493564 wrote:
We are doing a trial of ZCM 2017. I used Zenworks at prior jobs so I have a fair amount of background on it even though this is a demo.

We seem to have hit this bug: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7018551
We did these exact steps and now our primary server is only showing port 80 for the joinproxy on the client. This KB doesn't show any workaround?
We tried to remove and reapply but that didn't work. As a demo we don't have support.
Does anyone know how to manually fix the joinproxy port on the primary server? This does not look well for other team members during the demo 😞
0 Likes
mww Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Got your PM....thanks. I'll give that a try.

I'd love to update but unfortunately when you do the trial, they only provide a link to the Appliance/ISO for 2017.0 and they do NOT provide a 60 day key for updates.

Its odd that some of the features you can click the "eval" button in the ZCC but others you can't including the update server.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you send me your Direct Contact Info...Perhaps an Email Address.....
I can try and see if I can get you a patch to better evaluate the product.

I presume you have not been in touch with any Sales folks directly? Just the Eval Link?

Mind you...I'm a little out of my element here.....
My job is to support existing customers...so I'm not highly familiar with the other side of stuff.
But just sitting here...I would expect any potential eval to go much better when "Current Patches" could be applied to the stuff being evaluated....
Especially when there has been such a gap between the 2017 ISO release and now....(ZCM 2019 and a new ISO are not too far out...)

mww;2493567 wrote:
Got your PM....thanks. I'll give that a try.

I'd love to update but unfortunately when you do the trial, they only provide a link to the Appliance/ISO for 2017.0 and they do NOT provide a 60 day key for updates.

Its odd that some of the features you can click the "eval" button in the ZCC but others you can't including the update server.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Note: If you can get in touch with Sales..... A Sales Support Engineer should likely be able to get you an update if it is required for your evaluation.

Note2: If you have an issue getting in touch with anyone...Just send me a Private Message with your Contact info such as email as well as where you are located.
Location is needed to help ensure the proper Sales Engineers reach out to you. (Even within the same country, different engineers cover different regions.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.