mdstewar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

KB897327 (secedit) hotfix and XP SP3

I am trying to configure an XP group policy using a computer running XP SP3. When I click the Configure button to edit the policy, I get a "Hotfix required" message "To operate on security settings, Windows XP Hotfix KB897327 is required." I am unable to edit or import security settings without it.

I downloaded the hotfix, but, when I tried to install it, I get a "KB897327 Setup Error" message stating "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying. There is no need to install this update"

Is this a known bug?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: KB897327 (secedit) hotfix and XP SP3

You can ignore this if you are not going to push out security settings via group policys.

Thomas
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mdstewar,

> Is this a known bug?
>

it is now... see TID 7000824 which I just created

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mdstewar,

check that TID for new, important information

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.