imc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Launch at user login issue

Hello,

Just upgraded from ZCM 10.3 to 11. The issue I'm describing happened both pre and post upgrade.

I want to run the NALWin.exe when a user logs into eDirectory using the Novell client. I created the bundle, set the assignment details for the user assignment relationship to distribute the bundle at the "User Login" event. I checked Install Immediately after Distribution and Launch Immediately after Installation.

This worked fine the first time it ran. However, in subsequent logins, NALWin does not open automatically. It is listed in the User-Assigned Bundles under the agent properties on the client machine.

I clearly have something mis-configured. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.

-Ian

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
imc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Launch at user login issue

I think I figured it out. I configured the distribution schedule instead of the launch schedule, found under the assignment details.

I have a knack of posting something here an finding the answer within 5 minutes. 🙂

0 Likes
floort Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So did you set the distribution schedule to Install immediatly after distribution
And did you set the launch schedule on userlogon?

Or did you set the distribution schedule to Install immediatly after distributions and Launch immediatly after distribution.

In my case i have install and launch actions.
In zcm10.3 i wanted to checkbox everything on the distribution schedule, but that was not working. I had to split it over distribution and launch schedule.

Let me know, i have to test this again now i'm on 11
0 Likes
imc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Floort,

I had both the distribution and launch schedules set up and that worked. When I removed the distribution schedule, NALWin.exe continued to load properly at login. But since NALWin already existed on the machine, there was nothing to distribute and no reason for me to have anything but a launch schedule. Hope that helps.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.