rhuhman1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Lenovo Asset BIOS tool?

We have a lot of Lenovo 300e 2 in 1 devices that I would like to write our Asset number into the BIOS. I tend to use the information in reports and other areas and having it in ZENworks is extremely helpful. I haven't been able to find a tool to write this information into the Lenovo BIOS yet. Does anyone know of one specifically for this model? Or possibly have other ideas on how to get that information in a usable place for ZENworks?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Lenovo Asset BIOS tool?

See - https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Adding-Asset-Tag-information-into-the-Bios-from-Windows-7/td-p/545295
It is an old thread, but I'm sure you could find the latest tool to update the Asset-Tag info for current devices.....

wmic SystemEnclosure get SMBIOSAssetTag /format:list
Will retrieve the value from the BIOS and you can set it in the registry to for hands on use by ZENworks.
The value should be in inventory by default if it is actually set on the system.

rhuhman;2489714 wrote:
We have a lot of Lenovo 300e 2 in 1 devices that I would like to write our Asset number into the BIOS. I tend to use the information in reports and other areas and having it in ZENworks is extremely helpful. I haven't been able to find a tool to write this information into the Lenovo BIOS yet. Does anyone know of one specifically for this model? Or possibly have other ideas on how to get that information in a usable place for ZENworks?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Lenovo Asset BIOS tool?

if you have any type of report that associates the AssetTag with something such as Serial Number....
It would not be hard to create a script that would read a CSV so that ZCM could use the Lenovo tool to auto-populate the field.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.