dxw Contributor.
Contributor.

Locations

I have 4 locations setup on my network. 2 are connected to the zen server locally. I have 2 other remote locations that are connected to the network via a 10mb vpn and another by a 30mb vpn. For the 2 remote sites I do not want the devices contacting the zen server as often as the local sites. Where do I set the connection settings for the locations?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Locations

This cannot be set based on location, but refresh rate can be set on device folders.

Refresh Data, however, is normally not that significant...
The primary one is Content.....
Setting up local Satellite Content Servers for local access would be the primary means to limit bandwidth usage.
The Satellites can be configured to replication content during the overnight hours.
0 Likes
dxw Contributor.
Contributor.

Is there any way I can stop all access unless I refresh or remote control from the zcc?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Place Devices in that location in their own Device Folders.
Set Device Refresh Frequency from there.....

Partial Refresh can be set to 0 and only use Full Refreshes w/o any negative impact.

I presume you have configured a Satellite Server for those locations?
0 Likes
dxw Contributor.
Contributor.

Thanks. They do not have a satellite server yet.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.