Highlighted
Talyn75 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Managing Windows from a Linux client?

I am just starting out with both Novell and specifically zenworks. Coming from a Microsoft background Linux has been a bit of a struggle as well. I have always done well in learning new product by using the product almost exclusively in my daily activity. I am looking at doing that with Linux. I have already started with the server side but would like to have my laptop to be Linux as well so I am forced to stay in that mode for most of my day. A few things that have made this transition difficult is the lack of client side tools or at least I haven't found anything for Linux.
How do you remote a windows computer from zenworks? I found the command rdesktop but this isn't the same as using the zenworks interface.

Also does anyone have suggestions for other Novell products and Linux? Filr and GroupWise also don't seem to have a client. Are they all intended to be web based functions under a Linux client?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Managing Windows from a Linux client?

Talyn75,

> lack of client side tools

that's what ZCC is for - you should be able to do just about everything
via that

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
Talyn75 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have been able to do most of the work via that interface. I hadn't noticed the remote agent for Linux but will look at it again.

On my Windows desktop I noticed I am now prompted to update the remote agent and a few other client plugins. Does the /zenworks-setup location have all those MSI's that can be updated at one time or is this just something I need to update each as it is presented?

Thank again Shaun
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Talyn75,

the files are there, just not accessible via the downloads page - you'd
have to go the server's file system. It's easier just to upgrade as
prompted, there aren't many of them

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.