force10
New Member.

Manually Run/Apply Windows Group Policy

Is there a ZAC command that will allow you to manually run a Windows Group policy (or any policy for that matter) on a given machine? In ZDM/ZFD, you used to be able to go into the Workstation Scheduler and click on a policy and select 'Run Now.' I'm wondering what the ZCM equivalent of that is, if there is one. Thanks in advance.
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Manually Run/Apply Windows Group Policy

Hi

I believe it's this:
zac pr
I don't use policies from ZCM so can't test 😉

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
force10
New Member.

Thanks for the reply. I should have stated that I already tried that. That command seems to refresh all policies, I'd like to try to run one specific policy.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One specific? Like one regarding only which trusted site to have in internet explorer?

-- Niels I have always liked... Cowabunga! If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation by clicking on the star below. A member must be logged in before s/he can assign reputation points.
0 Likes
force10
New Member.

Very Close. 🙂
I have to lock the proxy settings dialog for 95% of my staff. Its the other 5% that I have to override the original policy and unlock it for that I'm working on.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

These 5%, is it specified workstations? Or is it random?

0 Likes
force10
New Member.

I'm applying the lock in a policy associated at the Workstation level, so by default, everyone's settings are locked. The policy to override it is associated to specific users who need the ability to change their proxy server (IT staff). So it's a combination of 1workstation policy and 1 user policy.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So it's because the user ass. Policy is overwritten by the workstation policy?

0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You should also be ablde to block a policy one the user 🙂

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I recommend looking at this TID

http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=7008026

On 1/11/2012 10:56 AM, force10 wrote:
>
> I'm applying the lock in a policy associated at the Workstation level,
> so by default, everyone's settings are locked. The policy to override it
> is associated to specific users who need the ability to change their
> proxy server (IT staff). So it's a combination of 1workstation policy
> and 1 user policy.
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
force10
New Member.

Craig,
I will definitely try that. I was just starting to notice that some other IE settings aren't applying consistently. This may be exactly what's going on. Many thanks.
0 Likes
nop19832 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Aha, yep the policies not getting applied could definitely cause it also.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Even in Pure AD Environments, I have had issues with IE settings getting
"lost" and not reinforcing. I recommend this setting to anyone using IE
GPO settings, even if they are not aware of issues.

On 1/11/2012 11:36 AM, force10 wrote:
>
> Craig,
> I will definitely try that. I was just starting to notice that some
> other IE settings aren't applying consistently. This may be exactly
> what's going on. Many thanks.
>
>

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Knowledge Partner

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.