Highlighted
NovAlf Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Manufacturer “Syn” and Product “cMaster”

Hi!
ZCM 17.4. Suddenly we noticed that monitors category in inventory start to show odd info – like in subject (should be Samsung/SyncMaster or something) and also “W22”/”42” (ViewSonic/W2242), “LA1”/”951” (HP/LA1915) etc. Not individual devices. There could be some overlapping, probably is, but we have for Samsung, for instance, also for “S24” (as Manufacturer) three Products. Can’t say which ZEN Update etc. caused this, but some year ago we need to get deeper look for every year reports and then it was ok, we were this time at ZCM 11.4.2.
Any ideas where this (could) came from and how to fix this?
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Manufacturer “Syn” and Product “cMaster”

I would start by ensuring the device has the proper Monitor Driver....If that is incorrect various means of pulling the data may not return the correct values.
If that does not help, an SR may be useful.

I'd also be curious if the devices have more than one monitor.....

I just ran a test on my system running...
WMIC desktopmonitor get * /format:list

Interestingly My 2nd monitor did not have the correct info...it was just generic....despite the fact both monitors are identical made/model and show up with proper details in device manager.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Sorry for delay. Yes, there is multiple monitors involved. And, interestingly, can’t see monitor detailed info at all, at least on some I have checked so far. Odd! Well, ok, I have to do this remotely using ZEN, but there should be seen info nevertheless. But only “(Standard monitor types) Generic PnP Monitor” etc.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Well, question remain why in inventory is showing up info as it is (Syn & cMaster), but truth is I can’t see monitor info using WMI as well, even not Syn&cMaster kind. Just general bla-bla. I’ve checked some 30 devices and only one has there written correctly monitor type and manufacturer. Why this one I wonder. Yeah, this is out of this topic and area as well, but … really odd. For me. I’ve checked drivers etc., seems to be in order. There is mixed W7 and WX devices.
Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I'd still open a ticket...there may be some things they can do....

NovAlf;2497427 wrote:
Hi!
Well, question remain why in inventory is showing up info as it is (Syn & cMaster), but truth is I can’t see monitor info using WMI as well, even not Syn&cMaster kind. Just general bla-bla. I’ve checked some 30 devices and only one has there written correctly monitor type and manufacturer. Why this one I wonder. Yeah, this is out of this topic and area as well, but … really odd. For me. I’ve checked drivers etc., seems to be in order. There is mixed W7 and WX devices.
Alar.
--
Please give a hearty thumbs up to any post you find helpful!
To find articles by Craig Wilson simply follow the link: Craig Wilson's Tips!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.