mla_hm
Visitor.

Migration from eDirectory to Active Directory and DLU

We are starting a slow migration process from eDirectory to Active Directory. We got the Active Directory running and IDM to sync users and groups.

For now all users have to access both, so they will keep the OES Client (latest version). We are running Zenworks 2017 update 3.

What i'm having problem with is finding a way to make sure DLU only applies to the workstations that hasn't joined the domain yet.

I already thought about just manually creating a file or a registry entry, but there has to be something else to measure on.

Any good tips?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Migration from eDirectory to Active Directory and DLU

Set a System Requirement in your DLU policy for
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Novell\ZCM\ZenLgn\DomainLogin = DWORD(0)

This way if a user does a Domain Logon....The DLU logon will not occur and override the attempted Domain logon, since the value will be 1.
However, if the user logs on locally, the value will be 0 and the DLU logon will occur.
(This will allow for local DLU logons even for device joined PCs...Quite useful when a Domain Trust issues breaks domain logons and your admins can't logon to fix....)

You may want to set this for your GPOs as well.......
Most folks tend to use ZCM GPOs with DLU but Domain GPOs for Domain Logons.....
0 Likes
Highlighted
mla_hm
Visitor.

Re: Migration from eDirectory to Active Directory and DLU

Hi Craig,

That was easy. Can't believe i spend so much time searching on MS forums etc.
The plan was both DLU and GPO, but for now the DLU was the most important since i haven't migrated the GPO's yet.

Thanks for the tip.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.