Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mirror Embedded Database

Are there a way to mirror the embedded sybase db to another primary server? If the server that has the db on it goes down, everything does as well. Any practices that you could do to prevent down time while the server is being repaired?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Mirror Embedded Database

No, there is not a method to Mirror the DB at this point in time.
There are instructions for backing up and restoring the DB at this point in time.

For best fault tolerance, it is recommended at this point in time to use an External DB such as SQL 2003 and cluster that DB.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"Jamie" <None@none.none> wrote in message news:4757FF0C.EB65.00E8.0@none.none...
Are there a way to mirror the embedded sybase db to another primary server? If the server that has the db on it goes down, everything does as well. Any practices that you could do to prevent down time while the server is being repaired?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Will SQL 2005 Express Edition work with ZCM10? If not, what SQL editions will ZCM support?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

No, Express is not supported.

http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_installation/index.html?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_installation/data/b89a1a0.html

Support for Oracle is actively being worked on at this point in time.

--
Craig Wilson - MCNE, MCSE, CCNA
Novell Support Forums Volunteer Sysop

Novell does not officially monitor these forums.

Suggestions/Opinions/Statements made by me are solely my own.
These thoughts may not be shared by either Novell or any rational human.

"Jamie" <None@none.none> wrote in message news:4758095E.EB65.00E8.0@none.none...
Will SQL 2005 Express Edition work with ZCM10? If not, what SQL editions will ZCM support?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

If you don't want to pay for the full SQL 2005, just use the sybase database
that is included.

Ron

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.