grahamch
New Member.

Mouse disappears when get password expiration prompt

We have been having this issue for a while, but figured it was just something with the 11.3 agent and would be resolved with a future update.

When a person is logging in and they receive the prompt that their password has expired but the mouse is no longer visible on the primary screen. If the person has dual monitors, the mouse is visible on the secondary screen (if they move the pointer over to it). If the person hits enter to get past the prompt, the change edirectory password window appears, but the mouse is still not visible. I have been able to find where the mouse pointer is by moving it around an taking note when the border of an inputbox gets darker.

A good portion of our user base do not know that you can use the tab key to move the cursor between the boxes and call our service desk whenever this happens, because the "mouse is not working".

This is occurring on Win10 with the 2017 U2 agent, as well as Win7 with 2017 U2, 11.3 (and probably 11.4).

thanks
Chris
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Mouse disappears when get password expiration prompt

Since the Change Password Prompt is most likely coming from the OES Client, that is more likely to be related than the ZCM Client.

However, it is almost certainly a Core Windows issue.
There is a myriad of hits about Windows doing this for multiple reasons.

Often a driver issue where or incorrect graphic settings.

https://developer.blender.org/T51521
https://windowsreport.com/mouse-cursor-disappeared-windows-10/
Found another article talking about projector mode settings...but can't find it again....

I just doubt anything in either the ZCM agent or the OES Client is making any calls to move/place the cursor....
0 Likes
grahamch
New Member.

Thanks Craig, I will check out the links and see if I can find the projector mode article.

We don't use the OES client, so I don't think that will be it.

Chris
0 Likes
grahamch
New Member.

After checking out the links, they seem to be having different issues.

The problem they seem to be having is that the mouse pointer is not visible even after getting into windows.

The issue we are experiencing is that the mouse pointer is not visible only while the ZCC password prompts (password expired and change password) are on the screen. Once you get past these (by either changing the password or cancelling) the mouse pointer is visible again.

Chris
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.