jrhodes1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Moving the location of bundle files

Hi we are in the process of moving all our files from our old NAS system to a new one with a lot more storage and I have a couple of questions, we store most of the files for our bundles on a share on NAS01 is there a quick way of changing all the file locations within the bundles to NAS02 e.g. export to csv > edit > then re import with new file locations or are we going to have to go through every bundle one by one (we have well over 100 bundles) so any help would be appreciated.

Next question is there a better way of doing this? as in an address I can put in that I only have to change in one place if we ever need to move the files again.

These may be simple things so sorry for my lack of knowledge but the system was setup by our last network manager who didn’t do any documentation or proper training on how to use and set it up so I am trying to work this out for myself and sadly not having much luck.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

John
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
gerwil1478
New Member.

Re: Moving the location of bundle files

Hi, I was going to be in a similar situation until recently. My solution was to copy to second storage system ( plus a backup), decommission the original system and rename the new system back to the original name. There maybe an issue with is rights. If you've used an UNC name, then there should not be a problem... I think.
Other option is to do what you are trying to avoid, have both sources up and running and edit each bundle which would increment the version and it would install again. (Enhancement request - publish as current version)
Cheers
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What many customers do is use MACROS/Variables in their bundles.
Set the Macro at the Workstation Folder (Or Device Folder based upon location)
Then set a macro such ZCMStorage= \\MyServer\Data\Installs
Then where you would put \\MyServer\Data\Installs, you put something such as ...

• \\${ZCMSTORAGE-01}\synasdata\${GWClientEXE}
• \\%ZCMSTORAGE-01%\synasdata\${GWClientEXE}
• %ZCMSTORAGE-01%\synasdata\${GWClientEXE}
• %%ZCMSTORAGE-01%%\synasdata\${GWClientEXE}

Note: There are a couple open defects starting in Update 1....
One Fixed in Update 2 and another Pending Update 3, where the ZCC does not let you enter the proper values....
Someone decided to add UNC Patch verification in case admins typo'd the UNC path and did not take into account variables could be used.
So they had to undo some of that in the fixes.

Useless to you, but if anyone opens an SR, two open issues for which I'm aware are the following....

https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1082043
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1070327
0 Likes
jrhodes1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi

Thanks for the reply’s sorry I have not replied sooner we have been very busy here. Sadly we could not name our new NAS the same as the old one due to our naming conventions changing, we did end up changing all the bundles manually (i say we my boss just did it one night took him quite a few hours) but thanks for the information Craig I will defiantly look into that when I have a bit more time as that is probably the best way to future proof things against changes in the future.

Thanks,

John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.