Jorrit Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Multiple user source logon popup

Hello
I am currently testing zcm 10 in a windows only environment. At the moment we are moving from Netware to ms (cant help it). But we will be using zcm to manage the workstations.

Our ms forest exists of a domain with 2 child domains (Students and personnel). Every child domain is a configured as a user source in zcm.
When I login to my vista test station it pops up with the zcm logon screen it looks like I have to choose a Realm (User source). When I remove one of the user source in zcm I don’t have to choose a Realm and we have a single logon. This is what we need!

Novell documentations says:
"The ZENworks Adaptive Agent integrates with the Windows Login or Novell Login client to provide a single login experience for users. When users enter their eDirectory or Active Directory credentials in the Windows or Novell client, they are logged in to the Management Zone if the credentials match the ones in a ZENworks user source."

So when I have more than one user source the client always pops up with the zcm logon screen the first time a user logs in?

Greetings Jorrit
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Multiple user source logon popup

Jorrit,

> So when I have more than one user source the client always pops up with
> the zcm logon screen the first time a user logs in?
>

yes - but then it remembers it

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
Jorrit Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mhm but the zcm documentation says

they are logged in to the Management Zone if the credentials match the ones in "a" ZENworks user source.

In my example they match and the account exists only once.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jorrit,

yes, I understand that, but ZCM doesn't search through all user sources
looking for user as i understand it

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.