mkoeppl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need to Setup ZCM with Oracle Server - Which Oracle Version

Hello,

just a short question on oracle zcm databases.

we will setup a new zcm 10.3 zone with oracle database. I want to know if i must use the Oracle Version 10.2.0.1.0 or if i can get to a newer 10G2 version without hassle.

cheers
Michael

Michael Koeppl Germany
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
rroncme Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Need to Setup ZCM with Oracle Server - Which Oracle Vers

We run a remote install of the DB on an Oracle RAC with 4 nodes. 10.2.0.3.0

Ron Robertson Unsuspecting Novell Test Pilot for Not Ready for Enterprise Systems MCNE, MCSE, CCNA, CCA, PDQ, SOS,
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

10g and 10G R2 work fine (whether it's supported is a diff. story)
We're using 10G R2 on the back-end here (meaning our Oracle DBA is on Sun Solaris something or other and is Oracle 10g R2). We also have Oracle 11 but it's being used by other things (not ZCM). If you're going to be using ZCM on 64-bit Linux with ZRS (reporting) there's some major issues with getting it to work with Oracle (A few of us have SR's open with the same common problem).

But ZCM itself (without ZRS) installs/works fine on an external 10g system. At least for us. Our ZCM primary server is on OES2 SP2 64-bit (so it's OS is SLES 10 SP3 64-bit).
0 Likes
Highlighted
mkoeppl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kjhurni;2020846 wrote:
10g and 10G R2 work fine (whether it's supported is a diff. story)
We're using 10G R2 on the back-end here (meaning our Oracle DBA is on Sun Solaris something or other and is Oracle 10g R2). We also have Oracle 11 but it's being used by other things (not ZCM). If you're going to be using ZCM on 64-bit Linux with ZRS (reporting) there's some major issues with getting it to work with Oracle (A few of us have SR's open with the same common problem).

But ZCM itself (without ZRS) installs/works fine on an external 10g system. At least for us. Our ZCM primary server is on OES2 SP2 64-bit (so it's OS is SLES 10 SP3 64-bit).

Thanks kjurni,
will install our primaries on SLES11 SP1 and some site server als satellites with oes2 sp2 - all 64 bit.
Hope we will not get into to much trouble with the reporting server.
My question regarding the oracle version tends more to the 10g2 subversions, as our db admin says 10.2.0.1 is to buggy to use in production.

Michael Koeppl Germany
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Good luck Michael. I think you'll be okay but you'll have to probably "adjust" the files on SLES 11 to get the 64-bit Oracle client to install since 10g only suports SLES 9 officially (you CAN get it to work, just have to tweak some things). Oracle 11g client IS supported on SLES 10/11 I believe. If you want to "test" my crummy instructions I can email a set to you and you can provide me with some feedback to make it better (or not if it's sufficient). Just send me a PM with your email address.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.