Highlighted
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Need to get SSL Certificate added to all computers

I have a SSL certificate I need to install on all my computers.. It should be installed into the Trusted Root Store as per the issuing company.. Im assuming I can do this with a bundle ? (we are using ZCM 11.4.3 with edirectory on SLES/OES)..I looked at the Group Policy method but it appears certificate management is not included in non AD policies... The certificate is a crt file from secURLy (a company that provides web filtering for school districts).. We need to get this certificate to be used by all browsers.. I have been told that Firefox does not use the standard certificate stores but uses its own certificate store which produces another challenge. We have IE & Firefox and Chrome browsers installed on all our student and staff computers.
Any help/advise anyone can provide on how to do this via a bundle would be greatly appreciated..
Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Need to get SSL Certificate added to all computers

Roehmdo,

This? https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa376553(v=vs.85).aspx

--

Shaun Pond
when I'm not in the forums, I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment easy

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I use a bundle with two install actions for this. The first action places the certificate in a temp directory, and the second action installs it as the secure system user with the CertUtil command, which I believe is built into Windows as of Vista and newer.

certutil.exe -enterprise -addstore Root "${WinDir}\Temp\WSD_TREE-20160828.crt"

The above will cover IE, Chrome, and probably Edge. Firefox, as you mentioned, has its own certificate store. I tried to automate the installation of our root CA into Firefox a few years ago, but the best that I was able to accomplish at the time was actually copying over the entire certificate store with the certificate pre-installed. We don't support Firefox here, and at the time I was looking at this for a very specific use case that went away, so I've not pursued it further.

If you do want to try automating the certificate installation with Firefox, this would be a good place to start looking for information: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Projects/NSS/Tools

Cory Calvert

District Network Administrator
Waterloo School District

>>> roehmdo<roehmdo@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> 7/26/2017 9:14 PM >>>

I have a SSL certificate I need to install on all my computers.. It

should be installed into the Trusted Root Store as per the issuing

company.. Im assuming I can do this with a bundle ? (we are using ZCM

11.4.3 with edirectory on SLES/OES)..I looked at the Group Policy method

but it appears certificate management is not included in non AD

policies... The certificate is a crt file from secURLy (a company that

provides web filtering for school districts).. We need to get this

certificate to be used by all browsers.. I have been told that Firefox

does not use the standard certificate stores but uses its own

certificate store which produces another challenge. We have IE & Firefox

and Chrome browsers installed on all our student and staff computers.

Any help/advise anyone can provide on how to do this via a bundle would

be greatly appreciated..

--

roehmdo

------------------------------------------------------------------------
roehmdo's Profile: https://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=28541

View this thread: https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=504673
0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks both of you for your help... Ill try that in the AM..
appreciate your time
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Cory Calvert,
> I use a bundle with two install actions for this. The first action places the certificate in a temp directory, and the second action installs it as the secure system user with the CertUtil command, which I believe is built into Windows as of Vista and newer.

That is what I do as well.

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
https://www.novell.com/products/enhancement-request.html

0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks all - this solution worked perfect
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.