Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
mcludwig Absent Member.
Absent Member.

New first primary Server

I have removed the "First Primary Server" from our zone following the instructions in the documentation. The CA was moved to another server, the server was removed from all roles (closest server, locations, network environment) and all satellites under it were moved to another primary. Everything seems to be working great so far. The only thing left is, when I query the MSSQL database for the first primary server, it comes up blank. Is it necessary for this to be populated? If so does anyone know how to accomplish it? I have 3 primary servers still in the zone and plan to rebuild the server that was removed. It was an appliance and all other servers are full blown SLES 11sp3 servers. Just trying to make all thing equal plus planning the upgrade to ZCM 11.3.

SLES 11sp3
ZCM 11.2.4
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: New first primary Server

Mcludwig,

according to this TID https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014023 you need to talk to Novell - I guess it's to make sure that they don't publish instructions that might be misread...

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
mcludwig Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Shaun, I had seen that TID and had used the query to determine
the first primary before I move to the new server, but I didn't read it
carefully and miss the part about contacting support. As always you are
a wealth of information.

On 4/10/2014 2:38 AM, Shaun Pond wrote:
> Mcludwig,
>
> according to this TID https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014023 you need to talk to Novell - I guess it's to make sure that they don't publish instructions that might be misread...
>

0 Likes
mcludwig Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I opened an SR and they fix my problem quickly and efficiently at no
charge. This is not an unknown issue and the front line tech support
people have ask that the fix be published. The tech I talk with believes
it will be added to the existing TID 7014023 or not.

On 4/10/2014 9:11 AM, Marc Ludwig wrote:
> Thanks Shaun, I had seen that TID and had used the query to determine
> the first primary before I move to the new server, but I didn't read it
> carefully and miss the part about contacting support. As always you are
> a wealth of information.
>
> On 4/10/2014 2:38 AM, Shaun Pond wrote:
>> Mcludwig,
>>
>> according to this TID
>> https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7014023 you need to talk
>> to Novell - I guess it's to make sure that they don't publish
>> instructions that might be misread...
>>

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Marc,

nice!

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.