marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No Disable Wi-Fi when Wired option

I'm trying to make a laptop policy for my company and have set up an OnSite location to go with the Unknown. When I plug the laptop into my LAN and remove it I do see it switch between locations correctly, but my Communication Hardware Policy isn't enforcing.

For my OnSite location I've set the Wi-Fi to Disable but noticed that in the documentation and other posts there are references to a "Disable Wi-Fi (or Modem) when Wired" option, and I have neither. Is this normal or is there a chance that something is wrong with my server? It is the Virtual Appliance so I'm not sure what could have gone wrong. Does anyone know how to restore this option or otherwise know of a way to enable and disable Wi-Fi based on if the laptop is connected to the wired network in a static IP environment? Thanks!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No Disable Wi-Fi when Wired option

Marklar23,

Step 5: Configure Communication Hardware Settings
In the drop down for WiFi there's Inherit, Disable, Enable, Disable
WiFi ® when wired

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
marklar23 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Shaun,

It ended up being that I selected location based policy instead of Global when I was making my testing policy. Everything is working now.
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Marklar23,

🙂

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
bbeachem Absent Member.
Absent Member.

FYI... in ZEN 11 SP1 you also have other options like this via the ZESM Scripting policies to help ensure only one active network connection at a time.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.