MaxMyg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No inventory results

Good day.
Would you help me with understanding why Inventory Tab for some devices is still empty after a long time even after Workstation Inventory Scan requested?

Last Scan Date:
Host Name:
Dept:
Asset Tag: No Asset Tag
Serial Number:
System:
Operating System:
MAC Address:
Total Memory:
Free Hard Disk Space:
Total Hard Disk Space:
Labels (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
MaxMyg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No inventory results

May be it's wrong place for my another question but I didn't find right topic. I've deployed agents to three newly installed Win10 desktops but only one of them has been appeared in Windows 10 Workstations Dynamic Group. The only difference between them is one of them is Win10 Pro while others are Win10 Enterprise.
0 Likes
MaxMyg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

P.S.: It can be fixed by adding additional filter to Windows 10 Dynamic Group: Device - Registered Operating System equal to windows10-ent-gen-x64. But it's quite strange because of default filter is Device - Registered Operating System Contains windows10.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I Don't Recall Any issue about that in Dynamic Groups, but Dynamic Groups are recalculated each evening overnight.
They are not updated as devices join the zone.

It is possible to force more frequent updates, but care should be taken because depending on how complex the rules and the size of the zone, some computations may be heavier than others.

The "Preview" button on details should always show what WILL be after the next calculation.
It's possible that altering the rules forced an immediate update on the group....

In regards to the Inventory info not being seen in the "ZENworks Control Center", it is probably more to do with how "You requested" the Device to collect Inventory.
Normally, a Schedule is configured and the device will then see the schedule, run inventory, and then upload it to the primary which will import it into the database.

There are some methods that will only send requests to devices that are currently awake and running.
I suspect you may have done that instead setting up a schedule.
0 Likes
phasenjager Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also dealing with this, for some machines. For the ones affected, it seems the agent is not sending the "full" scan results, but rather a malformed delta result. The file gets uploaded then immediately moved to the failure folder. Each file contains the exact same two lines (below). I have opened an SR as of this afternoon, when the issue was discovered, but no response yet.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<WIF xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://novell.com/zenworks/inventory/wif" />
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Most Likely forcing a "Full Scan" will resolve it.
Also useful to know both the Current Agent Version as well as the Agent Upgrade Path.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

CRAIGDWILSON;2483914 wrote:
Most Likely forcing a "Full Scan" will resolve it.
Also useful to know both the Current Agent Version as well as the Agent Upgrade Path.

Unfortunately a full scan did not resolve, as I had already tried that both from ZCC and the command line. Also deleting the XML files does not help. The affected machines all came online directly with the 2017 Update 2 version.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Next Guess is a PRU issue...........
Update to the latest if you have not....

If you are at latest....
Maybe delete all old PRUs and then Merge in latest....

There was a TID on how to do that, but have not done it in a long time.

Of course, you will have a real person looking....not some mindless AI robot like myself 🙂
0 Likes
Absent Member.

CRAIGDWILSON;2483939 wrote:
Next Guess is a PRU issue...........
Update to the latest if you have not....

If you are at latest....
Maybe delete all old PRUs and then Merge in latest....

There was a TID on how to do that, but have not done it in a long time.

Of course, you will have a real person looking....not some mindless AI robot like myself 🙂

I am wondering if it is a PRU issue as the problem really started sometime in early June (and I normally apply the PRUs early in the month). I have an open SR, so I'm just patiently waiting on Jaxson to get back to me. I just thought I'd throw out that I'm seeing a similar problem.
0 Likes
sperrin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

did you ever make a service request for this? Question which version of ZCM do you use and what database is used for the zone? mssql, oracle, sybase, postgres?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.