ahilton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No patches for SLES 11 SP3?

I'm working on deploying ZCM 11.2 for all of my linux patching needs, but have run into a stopper. I download my subscriptions and the ZCM server sees that there are patched avalable/needed for SLES 11 SP3, but when I try to cache them, the downloads fail. This is consistent for all SLES 11 SP3 patches - SP2 patches download without any problems. The error I see in the loader-messages.log for an example download (Novell SUSE 2014:8820 autofs recommended update for SLE 11 SP3 x86_64) is as follows...

DEBUG] [2/3/14 4:47:28 PM] [] [Loader.MandatoryBaselineManager] [26] [] [Exception during Caching:] [] []
[DEBUG] [2/3/14 4:47:28 PM] [] [Loader.MandatoryBaselineManager] [26] [] [com.lumension.scr.exception.SCRException: Couldnt find rpm files for advisory SUSE-2014:8820
at com.lumension.scr.pojo.SCPackage.getRPMPackage(SCPackage.java:314)
at com.lumension.scr.pojo.SCPackage.getAllPackageFiles(SCPackage.java:418)
at com.lumension.scr.pojo.SCPackage.download(SCPackage.java:363)
at com.patchlink.sapphire.download.SubscriptionDownloadActionHandler.processAction(SubscriptionDownloadActionHandler.java:464)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.runner.QueueThreadWorker.processAction(QueueThreadWorker.java:212)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.runner.QueueThreadWorker.run(QueueThreadWorker.java:143)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
] [] []
[DEBUG] [2/3/14 4:47:28 PM] [] [Loader.MandatoryBaselineManager] [26] [] [Failed to create patch cache bundle: Novell SUSE 2014:8820 autofs recommended update for SLE 11 SP3 x86_64] [] []

I can see this particular patch listed on Lumension's site at http://leic.lumension.com/patches/2014/%7B8B0DCF42-2024-4544-961C-E9EAFD013849%7D.html and on Novell's site at http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=6FEGSAdkSPw~

Why can't my Zen server successfully download this or any other SLES 11 SP3 update?

Thanks!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
20 Replies
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: No patches for SLES 11 SP3?

Ahilton,

I see the same - I am reporting this as a bug...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
ahilton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Shaun!!
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ahilton,

Lumension are looking into this...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ahilton,

I chased Lumension on this, and they still don't know when it'll be
ready 😞 Tomorrow is my last day with Novell, so I have had the trouble
ticket reassigned to one of my colleagues

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
ahilton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for you help with this problem. I appreciate the help you've offered me and so many others on these forums. Best wishes on wherever your next endeavor leads you!
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ahilton,

thanks, I'll still be around here, though, just without the extra
abilities of an employee

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
ahilton Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It appears that Lumension has solved the problem on their end. I am sucessfully receiving SLES 11 SP3 patches now. Thanks again for your help with this!
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ahilton,

glad to help 🙂

--

Shaun Pond
newly reminted as a Knowledge Professional

0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

Hi
I'm getting a similar thing. Windows patches/baselines are working OK. I can update the SLES servers through YAST/online update, but would like to get the patch management for Linux working as well.
The DAU on the Linux servers is reporting that patches are required and all SLES 11SP3 patches are listed in the "Patch management/patches" screen. But when I go to update the cache or assign a patch to my baseline, a message pops up in the “Patch Management/Status” Tab as “Queued”, and then “Failed” with the error “Failed to download one or more packages”. I have about 30 Gig free on the server. I have a subscription set up from NCC for SLES11SP3 which returns "Success".

In the loader-messages.log I have the following snippet.

[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [PatchManagement] [11022] [] [Downloading file from http://novell.cdn.lumension.com/novell/suse-nca-SLES-11.3/x86_64/7F2598E4-DA97-43C0-AF65-586B22C85842.plp] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [PatchManagement] [11022] [] [File exists] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [PatchManagement] [11022] [] [download success true] [] []
[INFO] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [PatchManagement] [11022] [vendor SUSE release SLES version 11Architecture x86_64] [vendor SUSE release SLES version 11Architecture x86_64] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [PatchManagement] [11022] [] [Local File is /opt/novell/zenworks/zpm/repository/SUSE/null/python-pywbem-0.7-6.22.1.x86_64.rpm] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [PatchManagement] [11022] [] [Checksum is null] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [PatchManagement] [11022] [] [Checksum type is rpm] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [Loader.MandatoryBaselineManager] [11022] [] [Exception during Caching:] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [Loader.MandatoryBaselineManager] [11022] [] [java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.lumension.scr.util.Utils.fromHexString(Utils.java:934)
at com.lumension.scr.nca.repl.PrimaryRPMFile.<init>(PrimaryRPMFile.java:75)
at com.lumension.scr.pojo.SCPackage.getAllPackageFiles(SCPackage.java:598)
at com.lumension.scr.pojo.SCPackage.download(SCPackage.java:363)
at com.patchlink.sapphire.download.SubscriptionDownloadActionHandler.processAction(SubscriptionDownloadActionHandler.java:464)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.runner.QueueThreadWorker.processAction(QueueThreadWorker.java:212)
at com.novell.zenworks.loader.modules.queue.runner.QueueThreadWorker.run(QueueThreadWorker.java:143)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
] [] []
[DEBUG] [6/20/14 10:08:57 AM] [] [Loader.MandatoryBaselineManager] [11022] [] [Failed to create patch cache bundle: Novell SUSE 2014:9343 python-pywbem recommended update for SLE 11 SP3 x86_64] [] []

The "Exception during Caching" indicates that maybe I've not set something at my end.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Cheers
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gerwil,

I am seeing the same thing - I will ask Novell about this, but if you
can open a Service Request, I suggest that you do so...

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

Thanks Shaun
I've been talking to Novell from the NCC/registration side of things but they suggests it is more of a technical issue and to open a SR. As it's not impacting on me at the moment, I'll hang 10 and see what eventuates. I can still update via the YAST online service.
Cheers
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gerwil,

it's still happening, but I did find that if I download one patch at a
time it works!

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
gerwil1478
New Member.

Hi
OK... Tried to update cache on just one patch but still the same. It tries 3 times in 5 sec intervals to get the patch but each time "Failed to create patch cache bundle" in loader-messages.log.
Thanks for feedback.
Cheers
0 Likes
shaunpond Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Gerwil,

darn

--

Shaun Pond

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.